- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Operations Supervisor reports to the Area Manager and is an integral part of the operations leadership. The operations supervisor is responsible for many aspects of the day-to-day operations including but not limited to ensuring the operators follow proper safety protocol, on-boarding and training new operators, and customer service to clients.
Assist with dispatching units and schedule projects on a daily basis.
Communicate with clients, with a customer service focus on a daily basis.
Assist with project related biddings and proposal.
Supports and improved business development on a daily basis.
Reviewing operator’s daily paperwork (Daily trip ticket, FLRA, DOT logs).
Ensure that operators are following Badger’s maintenance polices procedures.
Deliver of material to the units in the field if required.
Assist and support with monthly safety meeting which includes preparing the agenda.
Perform daily onsite safety inspections.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Previous experience required in one of the following areas:
- Vacuum, Pump Trucks
- Commercial Underground Construction
- Oil and Gas
- Underground Utility
- Equipment Rental
- Trucking / Fleet Management
- Valid CDL preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Computer skills and strong organizational skills required, with a preference for Oracle or similar system.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a positive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- The person in this position will need to be a team leader and the ability to relate well to a wide variety of people (field and office).
- Must have a professional approach to business.
Physical Demands Requirements
- Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable.
- Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, credit check, driver’s abstract review and drug and alcohol test. We also require supervisory references and education verification.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America’s largest provider of non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries, including energy generation, electricity and natural gas transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications, water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.
Our key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac operators into existing and future design and manufacturing processes.
Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an incredible work environment, training and career advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Over the course of our 25 years in operation, the ‘Badger Hydrovac’ has gained a venerable reputation in the hydro-excavation category as it has consistently proven itself superior over traditional mechanical excavation.
This has allowed Badger to grow into the largest hydrovac excavation fleet in North America. We have well over 1400 vacuum trucks (Badgers) and an extensive service coverage network strategically positioned throughout Canada and the USA.
Badger DaylightingWhy Work Here?
We are growing! Plans to double the size of the company, there is a lot of room for growth, excellent benefits, and quality leadership!
At Badger DaylightingTM we build our own custom and purpose built hydrovac trucks – ‘Badgers’ or ‘Badger Hydrovacs’ as they are popularly referred to. These vacuum trucks use integrated high-pressure water and vacuum systems mounted on a truck chassis to expose buried infrastructure or prepare an area for future work. Over the course of our 25 years in operation, the ‘Badger Hydrovac’ has gained a venerable reputation in the hydro-excavation category as it has consistently proven itself superior over traditional mechanical excavation. This has allowed Badger to grow into the largest hydrovac excavation fleet in North America. We have well over 1400 vacuum trucks (Badgers) and an extensive service coverage network strategically positioned throughout Canada and the USA.
AddressMelrose Park, IL