Hydrovac Operator CDL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Join the dedicated Badger Team – the LEADER in the hydro-excavation industry. Full-time Operator positions available immediately, with career advancement opportunities, competitive pay, overtime, weekly pay, bonus incentives, PTO, and health care benefits.
In this position you will operate our custom and purpose built commercial Hydrovac trucks to drive to assigned job site to excavate, load, dig, break rocks or debris, dirt, or other materials to locate underground utilities, potholing, trenching, etc. The Hydrovac Operator is responsible for the completion of projects in a safe and timely manner.
- Full availability and understanding to work variable hours averaging between 30-70 hours weekly depending on slow and peak seasons. Weekends and extended hours as needed.
- Required travel up to 25% based on job assignment need.
- Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and general maintenance of the equipment to ensure the unit operates at max capacity.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time throughout the year.
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, trenching, and digging, using a high-pressure wand to loosen the soil and a vacuum system to remove the debris or build-up.
- Communicate effectively, professionally and demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all interactions.
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Use Badger provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing, time, and attendance.
- Properly document all Badger, Federal, State, and Customer paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear and legible manner.
- Must be able to meet the following physical demands:
- Hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
- Repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach, and crawl.
- Repeatedly lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time throughout the year.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable.
- Cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
- Work in loud environments and may require use of ear plugs.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related industrial experience preferred.
- Minimum CDL A or B license, with an acceptable driving record.
- Tanker endorsement required.
- OSHA10 safety certification required. (If applicant does not hold this certification, Badger will pay for computer-based training with applicant completing on-line course within 5 days of hiring. Certification is the property of the applicant.)
- Safety certifications preferred (e.g., First Aid/CPR, Fall Protection, Confined Space).
- Experience in a labor-intensive position.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and safety focused environment.
- Skills in operating heavy equipment and machines proficiently and safely.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, MVR history, drug and alcohol test, physical (DOT & Non- DOT), and a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE).
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Over the course of our 25 years in operation, the ‘Badger Hydrovac’ has gained a venerable reputation in the hydro-excavation category as it has consistently proven itself superior over traditional mechanical excavation.
This has allowed Badger to grow into the largest hydrovac excavation fleet in North America. We have well over 1400 vacuum trucks (Badgers) and an extensive service coverage network strategically positioned throughout Canada and the USA.
Badger DaylightingWhy Work Here?
We are growing! Plans to double the size of the company, there is a lot of room for growth, excellent benefits, and quality leadership!
At Badger DaylightingTM we build our own custom and purpose built hydrovac trucks – ‘Badgers’ or ‘Badger Hydrovacs’ as they are popularly referred to. These vacuum trucks use integrated high-pressure water and vacuum systems mounted on a truck chassis to expose buried infrastructure or prepare an area for future work. Over the course of our 25 years in operation, the ‘Badger Hydrovac’ has gained a venerable reputation in the hydro-excavation category as it has consistently proven itself superior over traditional mechanical excavation. This has allowed Badger to grow into the largest hydrovac excavation fleet in North America. We have well over 1400 vacuum trucks (Badgers) and an extensive service coverage network strategically positioned throughout Canada and the USA.
AddressWest Palm Beach, FL