- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Branch Manager position is accountable for ensuring the safe, cost effective and efficient day-to-day management of their assigned area and for the financial results of the branch. This position is accountable for exceptional service delivery as well as a consistent and optimal customer experience. This position is accountable for developing and executing a one-year business plan with a view of safe operations, excellent customer service, employee retention, enhance financial performance and growth of the business.
1. Develops and executes a one-year business plan ensuring alignment with the overall corporate strategic plan and immediate manager’s business plan. Enhances area strategic positioning.
2. Grows and establish Badger’s business through a strong operational base, market brand, and customer service ensuring a foundation is built for long-term profitability and success.
3. Enhances area health and safety and exemplifies Badger’s high safety and service standards by making safety apart of the areas day-to-day operations, ensuring health and safety is the number one goal and holding direct reports accountable.
4. Develops and maintains a strong relationship with new and existing customers by providing excellent customer service.
5. Enhances the location’s talent pool to include optimal selection, skilled knowledge, development, management, and retention of talent. Ensures that talent is professional, safe, knowledgeable, and self-sufficient so they display the appropriate Badger image.
6. Ensures the area is profitable by managing the area’s P&L on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
7. Conducts job site visits for bidding, inspections and pre job preparation (Bid and estimating on projects). Facilitates the dispatching of Badger units and appropriate personnel
8. Ensure compliance with fleet operating standards and maintenance requirements. Monitors of all repair and maintenance costs and taking corrective actions when required
9. Ensures at least meeting, if not exceeding, legal and regulatory requirements. This would include all critical areas of compliance, e.g., DOT, etc.
10. Review, monitor, and approve hours of service and payroll processing.
11. Prepare annual budget, based on market projections
- · 5+ years’ of leadership experience preferred in the following Industries: Vacuum, Pump Trucks, Commercial Underground Construction, Trucking/Fleet Management, Sewer / Water Line or Underground Utilities, Oil & Gas and Waste, Equipment Rentals
- · 3+ years full Profit & Loss management experience
- · Proven ability to develop and deliver a 1 year business plan
- · Demonstrated managerial leadership capability with capability to deliver organizational value
- · Demonstrated ability to work within a unionized environment preferred (where applicable)
- · Experience in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) and CRM databases
- · Demonstrated hands-on field experience (preferred)
- · Proven ability in successfully managing a P&L statement
- · Proven capability to build and nurture customer relationships and provide exceptional customer service
- · Demonstrated ability to think critically, with strong analytical skills
- · Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills at the individual and group level.
- · Ability to develop mutual trust and integrity; a role model for others
- · High Energy, Ambitious & Entrepreneurial Mindset
- · Strong negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills
- · Fully applies oneself to all requirements of the position; 24/7, 365 commitment
- · Requires a self-driven, enthusiastic, team-focused, business-savvy, ethical and self-motivated professional
*Will be required to complete pre-employment screening, which may include reference, education and criminal background check, credit check, MVR history and D&A screen.
About Badger Daylighting
Badger Daylighting is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive Hydrovac excavation services. We are a publicly traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’). Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 Hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations.
Badger is a leader in the Hydrovac and environmental services industry because of our great people and their customer focus. Be part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find innovative ways to solve problems.
Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an incredible work environment, training and career advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit program, which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internal applicants are reminded to discuss their intention to apply with their supervisor before applying.
Over the course of our 25 years in operation, the ‘Badger Hydrovac’ has gained a venerable reputation in the hydro-excavation category as it has consistently proven itself superior over traditional mechanical excavation.
This has allowed Badger to grow into the largest hydrovac excavation fleet in North America. We have well over 1400 vacuum trucks (Badgers) and an extensive service coverage network strategically positioned throughout Canada and the USA.
Badger DaylightingWhy Work Here?
We are growing! Plans to double the size of the company, there is a lot of room for growth, excellent benefits, and quality leadership!
At Badger DaylightingTM we build our own custom and purpose built hydrovac trucks – ‘Badgers’ or ‘Badger Hydrovacs’ as they are popularly referred to. These vacuum trucks use integrated high-pressure water and vacuum systems mounted on a truck chassis to expose buried infrastructure or prepare an area for future work. Over the course of our 25 years in operation, the ‘Badger Hydrovac’ has gained a venerable reputation in the hydro-excavation category as it has consistently proven itself superior over traditional mechanical excavation. This has allowed Badger to grow into the largest hydrovac excavation fleet in North America. We have well over 1400 vacuum trucks (Badgers) and an extensive service coverage network strategically positioned throughout Canada and the USA.
AddressElk Grove, IL
Finance and Insurance