- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position is involved with all aspects of Inventory Inbound, Cycle Counting and Outbound Shipments. This position will be including quoting inbound & outbound shipments, managing freight claims, use and knowledge of various TMS’s. Knowledge of hazardous material movements, freight classifications, NMFC codes and regulations. Ensures proper lane routing by carrier with an emphasis on timely and cost-effective execution. This position will also handle cycle counting and inventory control procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Transportation Management System:
· Book daily shipments with TMS
· Daily Communication with TMS regarding shipment status
· Quote International Rates with TMS contact
· Quote LTL lanes with multiple carriers to ensure best rates
· Enter UPS & Fed Ex information for shipments under 150 / LBS
· Verify information is accurate in all modules & BOL’s
· Enter and monitor carrier claim resolution
Badger Color Department Support / Resource:
· Follow up on shipments for Customer Service / Sales
· Provide rate quotes for the Pricing Team on new opportunities
· Communicate with Shipping Team on arrival and/or modification of containers
· Call in trucks as needed for local (WI/IL) carriers outside of TMS
· Assist as needed in other areas of Badger Color logistics
Reporting / Database:
· Monthly Price Reviews
· Carrier Resource Chart
· Carrier Scorecards
· UPS NDA (expedited shipment review)
· Fed-ex NDA (expedited shipment review)
· Terminal Contact Log Updates
· Carrier Claim Spreadsheet
· Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
· Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits.
· Assists with spot audits as requested
· Resolve and troubleshoot inventory discrepancies.
· Performs other related duties as requested.
Qualifications & Required Competencies:
Education & Industry Exposure: A high school diploma or equivalent / Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred. (In lieu of degree) - 3 years’ experience working with Logistics Providers, 3 years working with TMS’s and freight routing. Also, experience with doing cycle counts and inventory reconciliations.
Technical Background: Carrier relations, shipping, logistics, routings, International freight laws, HAZMAT knowledge, Experience with ERP systems, Understanding of inventory control procedures.
Excellent communications across all levels of personnel and management.
Excellent reading, math, and problem-solving skills required.
Personal computer knowledge skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness, organizational, excellent math skills, good problem-solving skills, ability to work multiple tasks, prioritize workload.
Forklift Experience a plus.
Results Oriented: Driven to achieve aggressive goals and objectives. Maintains high performance standards and unfailingly delivers quality service. Fosters wise use of scarce resources and makes solid business decisions that contribute to the organization’s profitability.
Analytical Abilities: Make recommendations based on solid assumptions when solving complex problems. Analyzes data to obtain meaningful information. Identifies conflicting or inaccurate information.
Integrity: Possesses mutual respect for others and their opinions. Cares equally about the performance of others as he / she cares about his / her performance. Adheres to high ethical standards. Demonstrates sound, honest business practices.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or touch objects or controls, and talk or hear.
2. Occasional lifting up to 55 LB.
3. The employee will be exposed to occasional dust, and dirt, occasional exposure to loud noises (around +85 decibels) if out in the plant environment (PPE / Ear Plugs provided).
4. Observe applicable Safety, Health and Environment rules and guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Badger Color is passionate about partnering with customers to formulate custom solutions for a sustainable future with industry flexibility, responsiveness, and reliability.
We value putting people and customers first. Apply to join our team today!!
Badger Color Concentrate
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Inbound Logistics Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.