Busy, multi site physical therapy office is seeking an outgoing and enthusiastic full time Medical Billing Specialist
This person should have experience working as a Medical Billing Specialist, Being able to prioritize, multi-task and all with a smile is a must. Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment. Applicants with previous Physical Therapy/Medical Office experience will be given preference.
Must be familiar with insurance verification and authorization.
Location: Brookline, MA
9am to 5pm (Flexible hours)
Essential job responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Checking insurance eligibility
- Perform initial insurance authorizations and re-authorizations
- Perform patient insurance processing requirements, online and direct communication.
- Prepare patient information for “clean” billing and collections.
- Collecting Co-pays and outstanding balances..
- Be participating member of the clinic and organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Insurance Authorization: 2 years (Preferred)
- Insurance Verification: 2 years (Preferred)
- Medical Billing 1 year (Preferred)