Supervisor of Garden Maintenance
- Posted: over a month ago
Bachman’s was founded in 1885 and remains a family-owned business, with fifth-generation Bachman family members leading the company today. Bachman’s operates six full-service Floral, Gift & Garden Centers throughout the Twin Cities, urban gift shops in US Bank Plaza and the Galleria, a Hardscapes Center in Farmington, and 29 floral departments within Lunds & Byerlys grocery stores. Additionally, Bachman’s operates indoor and outdoor landscaping divisions, a weddings and special events department, a wholesale nursery division, seven acres of greenhouses, and a 670-acre growing range in Lakeville, Minn., which produces many of the plants, flowers, and landscaping products sold by Bachman’s today.
- Manage day-to-day departmental operations including; scheduling work assignments, coordination of service to clients, installations, inventory and vehicles.
- Hold regular department meetings to communicate/update changes to installation staff and Operations Manager for Interior Landscape.
- Provide customer service to 300+ clients by responding to customer requests and complaints. Handle all customer service issues with clients and act as department liaison with other management team members.
- Manage the Quality of Work and routes of Gardeners and Helpers. That includes daily and hourly adjustments, for efficient use of technician and driving time. Manage quality of Gardeners work and following procedure.
- Manage department administration, including purchasing, inventory control, product movement, bidding, and transferring product.
1-2 years experience leading a garden maintenance crew or supervisory experience in similar industry.
Minimum 2 years experience maintaining garden maintenance customers.
Associates degree in horticulture or equivalent.
Annual and perennial knowledge.
Pesticide applicator license or the wiliness to take within the first three months of employment.
Proficient with computers and the ability to learn POS software.
MNLA certification preferred.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 7am-5pm, with Saturday work during peak installation periods.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?