Plant Health Intern
- Posted: over a month ago
Family-owned since its founding in 1885, Bachman’s is based in Minneapolis and is currently led by fifth-generation family members. Bachman’s operates retail locations throughout the Twin Cities, including six full-service Floral, Gift & Garden Centers, a floral and gift store in the Galleria, and 29 floral departments within Lunds & Byerlys grocery stores. The company also operates indoor and outdoor landscaping divisions, a wedding and special events department, a wholesale nursery and hardscapes division, seven acres of greenhouses, and a 670-acre growing range in Farmington, MN, which produces many of the plants, flowers, and landscaping products sold at Bachman’s.
Bachman's is looking to hire a spring/summer Plant Health intern who will focus on plant health management in our nursery and greenhouse. You’ll assist with our biological control program in the greenhouse, get involved working with our soil mixes and fertilizer programs, and even get the opportunity to work in production. This is a paid internship.
- Scouting for bug and disease issues and developing management plans with supervisors
- Application of pesticides/growth regulators
- Attend weekly grower meetings to learn and discuss plant health/ production
- Researching information on pest problems and conducting trials
- Conduct a project (e.g. Soil and fertilizer trials, evaluation of spray efficiency or evaluation of irrigation water)
- Other duties- there may be a wide variety of other production or support duties that are required on an occasional basis
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior in College
- Horticulture, Soil Science, Ag., Forestry, Biology or majors applicable
- 40 hours a week, M-F. May-August
Bachman's is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?