Bachman's Inc. Farmington, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bachman’s was founded in 1885 and remains a family-owned business, with fifth-generation Bachman family members leading the company today. Bachman’s operates six full-service Floral, Gift & Garden Centers throughout the Twin Cities, a shop in the Galleria, a Hardscapes Center in Farmington, and 28 floral departments within Lunds & Byerlys grocery stores. Additionally, Bachman’s operates indoor and outdoor landscaping divisions, a weddings and special events department, a wholesale nursery division, seven acres of greenhouses, and a 670-acre growing range in Lakeville, Minn., which produces many of the plants, flowers, and landscaping products sold by Bachman’s today.
- Provide work direction and training to Assistant Nursery Person, Nursery Helpers, and seasonal employees.
- Direct and/or perform product-receiving operations.
- Assemble and load internal and external customer orders with product that meets the customer and Bachman’s expectations.
- Operate nursery equipment including skid loaders, forklifts, flattops, etc. as needed.
- Recognize and perform maintenance and repair on nursery equipment, irrigation systems, and facilities.
- Perform pest control duties to include chemical pesticide applications for insects and disease. Follow all safety precautions and procedures. Maintain accurate records of applications.
- Direct and/or perform all cultural practices including: irrigation, trimming, fertilizing, spacing, heeling, product restocking, weeding, winterizing and others as directed.
- Work with management regarding site layout and operations.
- Maintain accurate records and complete paperwork in a neat and timely manner as directed.
- Perform all duties including those of lower classifications, in an efficient and safe manner.
- Assist in other areas as directed.
- Two year certificate in horticulture or related field and two years nursery/landscape production experience including one year in a leadership role. -Or- Three years experience in a nursery/landscape production setting or two years experience as an Assistant Nursery Person at Bachman’s.
- Requires a valid Class D Minnesota driver’s license or equivalent.CDL drivers license may be required.
- May be required to obtain a chemical pesticide applicator’s license.
- Requires a strong working knowledge of landscape plant materials commonly found in Minnesota landscapes. Conversational Spanish speaking ability preferred. MNLA Nursery Professional Certification preferred.
- Must be accepted as insurable with Bachman’s Insurance carrier considering a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and Bachman’s Safe Driver Standards.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a leadership position.
- Must be able to operate a variety of nursery equipment possibly including farm tractor, skid loader, forklift, front-end loader, tree spade, semi-tractor/trailer, or others as required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and 100 lbs. on an occasionally basis.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions year round.
- Must be able to stand and/or bend for extended periods of time.
- 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday, Saturday 7:30-12pm during peak season.
- Weekends and additional overtime as needed and required.
Bachman's is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Personal CareView all jobs at Bachman's Inc.