Bach To Rock (“B2R”) America’s Music School for students of all ages is currently seeking a Music Instructor to work as a part-time employee providing music classes to young children.
Early Childhood Instructor at Bach to Rock create a fun, educational and safe environment for children to explore the world of music. This job is a perfect fit for patient musicians with a flair for drama that enjoy playing music games, reading stories and inspiring young children.
- Lead B2R’s early childhood classes (Rock n Roll, Rock City, and/or Kids n Keys)
- Prepare for and deliver instruction using the Bach to Rock detailed lesson plans and activities
- Create a warm and welcoming class environment in which young children can feel safe
- Use the recommendations in the B2R curriculum to encourage and educate caregivers that attend class with their toddlers
- May be asked to assist at B2R events
- Must have a background in the arts (theater, art, music, etc...)
- Must feel comfortable in an active and noisy setting
- Effective time management and organizational skills to keep a group of students engaged
- Comfortable working and adapting quickly in a fast-paced environment with a variety of personalities
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic music concepts and be able to communicate those concepts in a developmentally appropriate and age appropriate manner with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Ability to interact effectively with both children and adults
- Must play a musical instrument – piano, keys, or guitar preferred
- Must be able to sing a cappella (unaccompanied)
- Must demonstrate the ability to run basic sound equipment and computers
- Ability to pass a background check
Bach to Rock offers the opportunity to work a flexible part time schedule in a fun environment with other like-minded musicians. We handle the marketing, scheduling, booking, billing and other business aspects of lessons & group classes so that you can focus on teaching.
B2R offers an hourly rate that is based on education, experience, expertise, and availability. We offer a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match to all eligible regular employees.
This Bach to Rock is locally owned and operated by:
Music Makers Holdings LLC, which is a subsidiary of Cambridge Information Group ("CIG") www.CIG.com. CIG specializes in the development of educational programs and scholarly data base resources for research and academic communities.
Music Makers Holdings LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.