Music Teacher - Early Childhood Education
Bach to Rock Nashville West Nashville, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
Bach To Rock (“B2R”), America’s Music School for students of all ages, is currently seeking Early Childhood Education Teachers to work as part-time employees providing music and performance lessons to students at the Nashville West location.
Teachers at Bach to Rock use B2R curriculum to provide students of all ages an inspiring and well-balanced music education. By teaching theory and technique using music that students know and love, B2R teachers develop musicians who enjoy performing, recording in our studio, and even composing original music!Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- To learn and execute the Bach to Rock early childhood curriculum as designed
- To prepare for and deliver instruction using the Bach to Rock detailed lesson plans and activities
- To create a warm and welcoming class environment in which young children can feel safe and cared for
- Use the recommendations in the B2R curriculum to encourage and educate caregivers that attend class with their children
- To receive constructive feedback on teaching techniques and apply the feedback to new teaching situations and environments
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic music concepts and be able to communicate those concepts in a developmentally appropriate and age appropriate manner with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Must play a musical instrument – piano, keys, or guitar preferred
- Must be able to sing in tune and a cappella (unaccompanied)
- Must demonstrate the ability to run basic sound equipment, computers and power point presentations
- Must be able to be physically present at the facility during its hours of operation
- Ability to pass a background check
- Certificate and / or degrees in one or more of the following:
- Elementary Education
- Music Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Music Therapy
Those who are currently enrolled in a degree program in one of the listed majors may also be considered
- Years of experience in the subject area may be substituted for degree or licensure
- Must be proficient in English speaking and writing skills
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit on the floor, get up from the floor and easily move on the floor without assistance, including crawling on hands and knees
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach, dance, and demonstrate simple yoga poses
- Ability to lift and move the equipment typically associated with B2R’s day-to-day operation, e.g., amplifiers, keyboards, recording equipment, light furniture, etc.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic office environment
- Music studio
- Various music event venues throughout the metro area surrounding the school
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Bach to Rock reserves the right to modify this job description in its sole discretion.
This Bach to Rock is locally owned and operated by Peacock Family LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bach to Rock Nashville West
EducationView all jobs at Bach to Rock Nashville West