Job NameDistillery Operator - Angel's Envy
Country:United States of America
Function:Operations - Supply Chain - Logistics
Reporting Line:Production Manager
Job type:Full time
Lead recruiter:Michael Stoess
About the roleThe Distillery Operator is a key role at Angel's Envy Distillery.
Roles and Responsibilities
Perform all distillery functions, sanitation, housekeeping and record keeping in the following areas, but not limited to:
- Grain - unloading, inspection & analysis
- Mashing & Fermentation - mash cooks, fermenter sets, beer chemistry/analysis, yeast preparation
- Distillation - beer well charging, distillation start up and shutdown, monitoring, sensory
- New Barrel Filling - gauging, filling barrels
- Miscellaneous - Barrel handling, PLC/HMI operation, Boiler Operation, Facility Maintenance, Grounds keeping, Bottling line labor
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of Distillery operations and activities
- Liaise with work colleagues and share responsibilities during operations
- Identify maintenance requirements and potential plant failure and effectively communicate the Production Manager or in his absence the Maintenance Supervisor
Measures cover measurable KPI improvements such as:
- Alcohol Yield
- Quality RFTs
- Improvement in overall department safety culture
Skills and ExperienceTo be successful in this role you will have / be:
- Ability to focus, stay organized and multi-task
- Attention to detail and ability to grasp technical information
- Ability to become forklift certified
- Ability and willingness to work hands on in all aspects of the job, in other words "be prepared to get dirty"
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. and perform all physical aspects of the job such as bending, squatting, etc.
- Moderate mechanical skills
- Moderate computer and software skills
- Work weekends and evenings as required
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- 1 to 3 years of experience in distillery or spirits industry
- Education or background in scientific or laboratory setting
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Louisville Distilling Company in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.