The Talent Acquisition Manager will report to the People & Culture Manager and foster a strong organizational culture through the acquisition of top talent. The Talent Acquisition Manager will oversee the talent acquisition program and recruitment services for BZAM Management Inc. and its subsidiaries. The successful candidate will provide extensive leadership, expertise and guidance on internal and external talent acquisition in a highly regulated, high growth and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with high volume recruitment, development of international talent strategies, and implementation of cross-functional talent systems and processes.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds! We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity. Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people. As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’s innovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
- Work with People & Culture Manager to plan and execute short and long-term talent acquisition strategies for all business portfolios that align with business and organizational objectives; foster a strategic, streamlined and integrated approach to all recruitment initiatives;
- Collaborate with People & Culture teams to conduct workforce planning, strategic sourcing, employer branding, candidate assessment and selection, hiring and on-boarding; participate and support teams in relevant day-to-day talent acquisition activities; provide support to hiring managers across several subsidiaries in identification of hiring needs, development of workforce plans, and provision of complex talent acquisition resources; create service level agreements and make recommendations for enhancement of delivery of service;
- Develop key talent metrics and analytics and provide continuous status updates; develop and recommend KPIs which identify areas of potential improvement and optimization of talent sourcing and hiring quality; prepare talent acquisition reports, routine status updates and other relevant material required for presentation to People & Culture Manager and other business leaders as required;
- Develop and enhance talent acquisition processes and policies across the organization which drive efficient recruitment and candidate management, innovative techniques and support aggressive growth models; implement initiatives in support of subsidiary and department leaders;
- Hire and lead a team of Talent Acquisition members in the delivery of full cycle recruitment to subsidiaries and departments; provide coaching, training and mentorship in the areas of compliance, assessment, recruitment best practices, interviewing, career counselling and onboarding;
- Research, identify and propose a scalable Applicant Tracking System; provide cost benefit analysis and oversee implementation of system; develop training for users and drive communication strategy across the organization;
- Provide oversight of initial stages of job identification and creation, recruitment strategy per role, and provide support or ownership of escalated talent acquisition challenges as required; ensure complete and effective Job Requisitions from Hiring Managers and generation of Job Descriptions for posting across multiple channels, internally and externally;
- Assume responsibility for overall workflow within the Talent Acquisition team ensuring compliance, meeting of timelines, and achievement of other KPIs and targets;
- Manage RFP process and selection of vendors, ensuring ongoing development of third-party relationships including agencies, firms, and consultants; administer and manage related contracts;
- Build and maintain a strong network of candidates through job boards, social media channels and networking sites; maintain database of potential candidates for future consideration;
- Develop and maintain relationships with educational institutions, industry stakeholders and agencies as support resources and partners;
- Conduct ongoing research around industry and recruitment best practices, trends and employment/cannabis legislation; engage in continuous learning and professional development;
- Review and distribute employment offers and terms as directed by the People & Culture Manager; assist with onboarding, orientation and training of new hires where required; and
- Other Talent Acquisition initiatives and projects as directed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration strongly preferred;
- CPHR designation or candidacy considered an asset;
- Proven ability to support multiple offices in operations and high-volume recruitment;
- Strong sense of motivation and a passion for setting standards;
- Advanced knowledge of Employment Standards Act and Human Rights Code, concepts, principles and practices within the HR field;
- Expertise in all stages of the recruitment cycle and candidate management process;
- Proficiency in data-driven recruiting, with ability to develop and implement key metrics;
- Exceptional organization, communication and prioritization skills;
You Are an EXCEPTIONAL LEADER, with well-defined leadership skills, ability to manage employees and provide specialized coaching to meet the needs of the team.
You Are CONSULTATIVE, capable of providing strategic guidance to various stakeholders with tact and diplomacy. You have experience with employer branding, workforce segmentation, recruitment campaign planning, and recruitment and selection;
You Are HIGHLY ORGANIZED, able to manage high volumes of candidates, Hiring Manager expectations, and various hiring priorities across multiple locations and subsidiaries.
You Have ADVANCED INTERPERSONAL SKILLS, with proven ability to develop strong relationships, collaborate with HR business partners, build trust, influence ideas and use sound judgement.
You Are RESULTS DRIVEN with a strong sense of urgency, strong tactical planning skills, service delivery focus and ability to deliver exceptional results under pressure and tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- 5-7 years’ experience in high volume recruitment in a supervisory capacity;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a highly regulated industry;
- Experience with ATS implementation strongly preferred;
- Involvement with Foreign Worker Programs considered a strong asset; immigration experience required;
- Proven experience in managing multiple relationships and candidates with a high level of transparency and urgency; and
- Previous talent acquisition experience in the cannabis industry considered a strong asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Strong benefits package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
BZAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.