Reporting to the Regulatory Compliance Manager, the Regulatory Compliance Specialist is responsible for functioning as the Alternate Responsible Person (ARP) in the absence of the RP. The ARP supports the RP in all regulatory areas in accordance with the Cannabis Act and relevant regulations within the licensed facility.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds! We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity. Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people. As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’sinnovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
Required Responsibilities as per Cannabis Regulations:
- Function as ARP to support the RP on matters relating to regulatory compliance when primary RP is unavailable/offsite;
- In lieu of RP, assume authority to bind the licensed site and its associated activities to adhere to compliance of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations;
- In lieu of RP, be responsible for all activities performed by the license holder;
- In lieu of RP, act as the official point of contact with Health Canada during on-site inspections, both in written communication and via the Cannabis Tracking and Licensing System (CTLS);
- Submit, secure and maintain a valid security clearance;
Job Scope Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the licensed site’s Regulatory Department and Regulatory Associates and assist in directing Regulatory project and programs collaboratively and cross departmentally (i.e. Operations, Quality Assurance, Security);
- Actively participate in external audits by performing Regulatory Support functions during inspections from Health Canada or any other regulatory body (i.e. CFIA, CRA, CBSA, OGDs, Local Authorities, etc.);
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Security Departments to develop and perform internal audits regularly to determine regulatory compliance according to Cannabis Regulations;
- Drafting and submitting licensing applications and permits;
- Conduct regulatory reporting or notifications and accurate record keeping via the Cannabis Tracking and Licensing System (CTLS)ensuring regulatory compliance and continuously participating in communications between regulatory stakeholders;
- Assist in disseminating regulatory changes or notifications to relevant departments and individuals within the organization in a timely and efficient manner;
- Continuously monitor the changing regulatory landscape to assist in development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of strategic initiatives for the department and organization in the area of regulations; and
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. Law, Political Science, Chemistry, Food Science, International Relations, Pharmacology, Plant Sciences);
- 5-7 years’ supervisory experience in a highly regulated field or in regulatory operations (i.e. Cannabis, NHP, Pharma, Government, QA, Legal, Food, Trade Compliance, Health, Environmental);
- Sufficient knowledge of the provisions of the Cannabis Act, Controlled Substances and Drugs Act, and Food and Drugs Act that apply to the license holder;
- Recent criminal record check completed (required prior to hiring);
- Solid ERP, MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, G-Suite, AutoCAD and additional technical proficiency; and
- Valid security clearance (ACMPR or Cannabis Regulations) strongly preferred.
You Are FOCUSED, DETAIL ORIENTED, ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL. Nothing gets by you and you are a master at time management, but flexible with your own time to meet regulatory requirements of the site.
You Are an EXCEPTIONAL LEADER with developed management and coaching skills, a strong sense of integrity and work ethic.
You are a CLEAR COMMUNICATOR capable of speaking professionally, clearly and concisely.
You are a RESEARCH GURU, proficient in researching and retaining complicated compliance knowledge.
You are PROACTIVE in all areas of compliance and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience championing best practices in high-volume, dynamic environments.
- Experience systematically implementing, coordinating and organizing auditable record systems;
- Solid experience in the mitigation and minimization of regulatory related impacts; and
- Experience in interpretation of complex regulatory requirements.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
BZAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged