- Posted: over a month ago
Summary: Mechanical Assembler builds according to the process. Mechanical Assemblers are assigned to a station that builds mechanical processes and follows work instruction pertaining to their assigned station in their department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assembles each stage of bus manufacturing according to processes
2. Reads blueprints
3. Uses measuring tape, levels, squares for installations based on Engineering documentation (metric is preferred)
4. Use of standard hand tools where applicable
5. Use of power tools such as electric and pneumatic tools where applicable
6. Use of calibration tools
7. Drilling and handling of material such as (fiberglass, plastics composites and aluminum)
8. Installation and removal of fasteners such as nuts, bolts and rivets
9. Occasionally apply adhesives and sealants to bus processes
10. Installation of pneumatic brake systems, cooling systems, and axel alignment
11. Synthesizes complex or diverse information
12. Demonstrates attention to detail
13. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
14. Balances team and individual responsibilities
15. Demonstrates required skills
16. Upholds organizational values
17. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
18. Adapts to change in the work environment
19. Meets productivity standards
20. Proper use of PPE and observes safety and security procedures
21. Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.), or equivalent from two-year College, or technical school or one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certificates required but Basic Electrical, Mechanical, Construction/General Contracting, Paint, and Welding certificates preferred
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally may work in high precarious places.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
BYD COACH & BUS LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at BYD COACH & BUS LLC