Employee Benefits Insurance Sales Associate
- Posted: January 04, 2023
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as the communities that they are in?
At Cadence Insurance we are more than just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values and the people that we employ. We offer competitive pay and benefits. But even more important, we offer a dynamic working environment with an energetic, creative team of professionals who are driven to stay on the forefront of the endless changes in our industry. This sets the pace for providing exceptional products and services to our clients. Start your search for a career with Cadence Insurance.
The Employee Benefits Sales Associate is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and selling new group sales related to Employee Benefits. On an ongoing basis, the Sales Associate focuses on retention of business, including service and upselling existing group business. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the yearly planning process for this position.
Responsibilities and Tasks
New Sales and Account Retention:
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets
- Responds to referrals quickly and effectively
- Maintains pipeline data in agency management system
- Creates insurance proposals and makes sales presentations to prospective and existing group clients on new and renewal business
- Completes and submits applications and related documentation to appropriate insurance markets
- Reviews quote comparisons, finalizes client's plan decisions, and coordinates group enrollments
- Attends networking functions, industry events, trade association events, civic organizations, etc. to maintain a robust pipeline
- Builds and maintains relationships with group contacts, carrier contacts, and internal staff to facilitate problem solving effort on behalf of the client
- With Account Manager, reviews existing policy coverages, at least annually, to upgrade accounts and remarket if necessary
- Assists service staff to collect client information in preparation of renewal proposals
- Reviews appropriate policy changes and other account activity
- Oversees the management of an account, including structuring the insurance program, staying informed of all claims or service issues and becoming involved in resolution when required
- Continues to develop relationships with insured
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Actively participates in agency producer meetings and sales meetings
- Participates in educational seminars or training to grow technical insurance knowledge and to meet state license requirements. Stays abreast of industry and market trends and developments
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Life, Health and Accident license required, or ability to obtain license within first three (3) months of hire required.
- Understanding of employee benefits coverages preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business relationships, close sales, and meet sales targets
- Ability to understand, interpret contracts, plan design options and rating factors
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including professional presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to set priorities in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment required
- Projects professional appearance and manner
- Self-directed self-starter with a high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at BXS Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?