Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,250 employees, BWXT has eleven (11) major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is looking for a Welding Engineer to join our team at our Mount Vernon, Indiana!
The Welding Engineer will play a critical role in manufacturing operations and can expect to perform the following routine tasks:
- Provide welding engineering services to products produced in Mt. Vernon, IN.
- Assist welders and welding supervisors in critical welding operations.
- Review customer contract requirements and produce procedures in accordance with those requirements.
- Determine weld filler metal needs, order, and release the correct filler metal to welding activities.
- Determine welding equipment needs and assist in design and ordering of the equipment.
- Review code specifications and write procedures for welder qualifications.
- Drive quality and man-hour improvements in welding operations.
- Preparation and review of welding/fabrication plans (i.e., bead placement sketches, setup sheets, welding instructions).
- Qualification, documentation, and maintenance of welding procedures and welders/weld operators.
- Troubleshooting of welding operations (i.e., weldability issues, welding equipment failures).
- Ensure welding processes meet customer specifications.
- Ensure welding operations meet customer specifications and good work practices.
- A B.S. in Welding Engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required. Degrees in Metallurgical or Material Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a similar engineering discipline will be considered if the candidate has extensive prior job experience of a Welding Engineer nature.
- Prior internships and/or experience in a heavy manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills supporting collaboration and teamwork with a diverse group of engineering, operations, and materials management personnel is required.
- U.S. citizenship with no dual citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Security Clearance.
U.S. citizenshipwithno dual citizenshipis required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (no dual citizenship) with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance involvingan extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.