Hard Truth Distilling Campus: Director of Operations
- Posted: 27 days ago
Big Woods is a local, homebrewed company that started in a Nashville, Indiana alley as single bar and brewery. In 10 short years, we have expanded to multiple restaurant locations and added a large brewery and distilling company. Big Woods is dedicated to serving Indiana with the finest local brews, cocktails and midwestern comfort food.
The Hard Truth campus is looking to hire a Director of Operations. This manager would cover our Hard Truth property, restaurant, cabin, tour center, and events.Responsibilities
- Partner with Sr VP of BWRG and Owners to set sales growth goals for Hard Truth and own the generation of ideas and execution of initiatives to meet these goals.
- Own the strategy for continued evolution of guest experiences at the Hard Truth campus.
- Ensure exceptional guest service is being executed at all locations on the Hard Truth property. Validate that management is modeling desired behaviors, and teams are executing guest service at the same level.
- Effectively lead and manage the management teams at Hard Truth through a culture of training, development, and accountability. Regular assignment of duties, delegation of tasks, and follow up will be keys to success.
- Lead with a people-focused mentality. Regularly coach and provide feedback to help employees and managers grow and succeed. Utilize professional development plans to create a leadership bench within BWRG.
- Maintain an ongoing staffing plan focused on the right people at the right time to meet business needs and deliver excellent guest experiences. Partner with GMs to drive their staffing plans to meet business needs.
- Own the P&L for Hard Truth. Use the P&L to manage and drive the business. Analyze results to recognize trends, inform decisions, and drive business growth. Utilize this tool to develop managers to better understand their individual business.
- Partner with the training team to assess training needs within Hard Truth and execute training programs to close gaps.
- Train and audit SOP execution to ensure a consistent high level of quality products and outcomes. (Inventory, money handling, feature menu, security, etc.)
- Audit and enforce cleanliness standards, ensuring that all aspects of health code and BWRG policy are executed at the highest level.
- Conduct regular structured visits with each entity within the Hard Truth campus.
- Partner with Human Resources to manage employee relations, execute compensation programs, and handle administrative items for Hard Truth.
- All other duties as assigned.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Critical illness, life, and disability insurance.
- Discounts on meals and merchandise
- $150 of free merchandise, meals, or product each month.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading multi-unit full-service restaurants with P&L accountability.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Proven leadership development of direct reports and commitment to building a positive team culture
- Experience effectively resolving customer and employee relations situations.
- Experience collaborating with different teams to achieve goals.
- Ability to analyze data to inform business decisions.
- Must have the ability to communicate in a clear and constructive manner. Must be able to train and lead in a positive manner.
- Must have great organizational skills. Flexibility and ability to manage time in order to achieve deadlines.
- Weekend and evening availability required.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?