Experienced Meat Cutter Wanted
We are a processing USDA inspected meat producer of T-bone steaks, strip steaks, rib eye steaks, filets and other cuts. A Meat Cutter is responsible for trimming various cuts of meat. They use knives, cleavers, meat saws, band saws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming. Clean, trims, slices, and sections meat for future processing. Cuts and trims meat to prepare for packing, and may remove parts, such as skin, feathers, scales or bones, etc. Inspects meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and removes them along with any excess fat.for many aspects of the meat production line. Some duties may include packing meats into their correct containers and preparing them for shipment, packaging materials, and products by machine and manually, cleaning and preparing containers before placing goods in them, grinding meats for packaging, trimming meats to required specifications, injecting meats with specified seasonings, and sawing meats and bones. A Meat Production Worker may inspect meat or meat products, use hand or power tools and grind meat to prepare patties, sausages, luncheon meats and other types of meat products, etc.
We have an immediate need for 1st shift meat cutter who can:
- **Work in a temperature-controlled environment ranging from 38º F to 45º F.
- Continuously stand and walk (about 80% of time)
- Frequently lift and transport up to 60lbs
- Required to use hands and arms continuously - reaching, grasping, pushing and pulling items
**Starting Pay:$12.00/hr and up based on experience (90-day review with possible performance increase)
1st Shift (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) Monday - Friday and Saturdays.
2nd Shift (11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.) Monday - Friday and Sundays.
- Ensuring that all products (from raw materials to finished product) meet company and government quality standards.
- Notifying supervisor of quality issues, ingredient/material problems and/or equipment breakdowns.
- Counting, packing and inspecting finished product for correct label, cleanliness, and quality.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to frocks, hair and beard nets, and gloves.
- Performing all duties in compliance with existing USDA, OSHA, State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures (including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and safety regulations).
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Vacation (5 days after 1yr anniversary; 10 days after 2 yr anniversary)
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal governUpdatement with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9
Custom & proprietary blends
Always striving to exceed our customers' expectations and stay ahead of our ever-changing market, Bar W Foods creates custom products ranging from fresh or frozen, marinated to prepared, and we can custom package them to your exact specifications. We utilize our fleet of refrigerated trucks to be responsive to customers' delivery needs and we always strive to deliver the ideal combination of the best, the best products and the best value.
BWJW, Inc. dba Bar W Foods
Why Work Here?For over 50 years, Bar W Foods has processed and delivered top-quality beef, poultry, and pork to restaurants, hotels, schools and other institutional food providers across Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. With a "quality-first" style of doing business, Bar W Foods continues to expand its services and offers: Custom processing Portion control Flavor profiling Custom & proprietary blends Always striving to exceed our customers' expectations and stay ahead of our ever-changing market, Bar W Foods creates custom products ranging from fresh or frozen, marinated to prepared, and we can custom package them to your exact specifications. We utilize our fleet of refrigerated trucks to be responsive to customers' delivery needs and we always strive to deliver the ideal combination of the best, the best products and the best value.
Family-owned medium size meat processing company with a family atmosphere.
Fort Worth, TX