Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Property Manager
BWI, LLC Indianapolis, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental
- Care for the well-being of clients and helping a wide range of clients, including people with serious illnesses, addictions, disabilities or who have been neglected
Provide support and resources for clients; good working relationship with support networks, government resources, and community resources
- Manage the day-to-day of leasing apartment homes to prospective residents
- Perform secretarial, receptionist and administrative duties including answering the phone, filing, etc.
- Complete required leasing paperwork under Section 42 guidelines
- Manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of commercial or residential properties.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for the properties.
- Direct collection of monthly rental fees, and deposits and payment of insurance premiums, mortgage, taxes, and incurred operating expenses.
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
- Prepare detailed budgets and financial reports for properties.
- Prepare and administer contracts for provision of property services such as cleaning, maintenance, and security services.
- Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve problems following management rules and regulations.
- Review rents to ensure that they are in line with HUD regulations
- Determine and certify the eligibility of prospective tenants, following government regulations.
- Clean common areas, change light bulbs, and make minor property repairs.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible experience
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Must be very organized, with strong attention to detail; must stay on top of paperwork
- Must be flexible and able to shift priorities as needed
- Experience in budget planning and expenses monitoring
- Computer skills sufficient to enter reports and daily operations data into a computer
- Knowledge of Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements and applicable program regulations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College diploma preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience operating Real Page/Yardi software or equivalent
- Experience with a wide range of clients, including people with serious illnesses, addictions, disabilities or who have been neglected
- Knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) and Section 42 guidelines and regulations
- Previous Tax Credit experience is preferred
BWI, LLCWhy Work Here?
Growing company that brings hope to under-served urban communities via economic development.
BWI, LLC is a construction, real estate development, property management, consulting and electrical firm in the greater Indianapolis area that focuses on not only construction management of general, large development projects, but also niche, energy-efficient urban revitalization projects. BWI has extensive capabilities helping clients design, develop and manage their projects with a special emphasis in electrical and eco-friendly, sustainable development.
1630 N Meridian St. Ste. 350 IndianapolisIndianapolis, IN