- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Excellence. Integrity. Passion.
BURNCO is looking to add an experienced Portable Manager to our team in the Colorado Front Range region. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will lead a portable plant in all aspects of plant operations and delivery including safety, productivity, quality, customer service and profitability. If youre looking for a rewarding and meaningful career where you can drive change and organizational improvements, then apply today!
The purpose of this job is to lead a portable concrete plant in all aspects of plant operations and concrete deliveries including safety, productivity, quality, delivery, customer service and profitability.
Expected Results and Achievements
- Direct Plant Foreman with day to day operations and driver management
- Work closely with customer to schedule placements
- Support plant relocation as needed
- Ensure plant team members follow proper company procedures, laws and regulations including safety and quality standards
- Hold plant team members accountable to behaviors and expectations; hiring, coaching, disciplining, training, developing as required
- Manage primary and secondary production activities
- Safety (Supply and enforce proper PPE, eliminate workplace hazards, build safety culture)
- Procurement and logistics of material (cement, aggregate, admixtures, etc.)
- Resource scheduling (coordinate with dispatch)
- Batching and delivery
- Paperwork & Reporting (DQDS, TimeClock Plus, Material Receipts, Input Sheets, Purchase Orders, Plant Inventory, Yard Report, Lytx Coaching and DVIR Management)
- Housekeeping (facilities, fleet and equipment aligned to BURNCO standards)
- Truck and Plant Maintenance (track PM schedule, coordinate repairs, reduce downtime, etc.)
- Increase production and plant processes by identifying opportunities for improvement and participating in business-related projects
- Escalation of operational issues to supporting departments and General Manager as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The primary areas of responsibility include:
- Concrete plant(s) production
- Employee supervision
- Plant and truck management and maintenance
- Customer satisfaction and relationship building
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of ready-mix and aggregate industries
- Understanding of operational best practices and methodologies
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to manage change
- Good organization and time management skills
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Command software and intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience with major professional accomplishments and career progression
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- Experience leading teams and managing others to organizational objectives
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certification preferred
- 75% travel to assigned plant location and job site when needed
Enjoy Zero Premium Increases in 2022!!
Join BURNCO and enroll in a benefits program that supports you and your family's healthcare needs with affordable options!
Comprehensive benefits available to you include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life coverage
- 401(k) Plan with 4% BURNCO matching
- Other benefits include 8 paid holidays with no waiting period, accrued vacation, and employee assistance programs
- Biweekly Friday Paydays
- Annual voucher for safety boots and glasses when needed
- Use of company vehicles and/or vehicle allowance
Annual Salary: $80,000
Annual Bonus Plan: 10% of base salary potential in the Short-Term Incentive Program (STIP)
Posting Open Until Filled
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 110 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. Today we continue our unwavering commitment to safety, our renewed focus on family leadership and our steady, dependable growth into the future. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.
BURNCO Rock Products
ManufacturingView all jobs at BURNCO Rock Products