Burlington Medical, LLC, located in Newport News, VA, the world's most largest manufacturing company for radiation protection apparel, products and accessories is looking for an experienced industrial sewing machine operator. The applicant must be able to work 2nd Shift (Monday-Friday) 2:30pm-11:00pm. This position requires a skilled operator comfortable with awkward materials and capable of using standard measuring tools and can use an commercial sewing machine.
· Basic sewing knowledge and knowledge of operation of sewing machines
· Ability to read and interpret factory work orders (detailed oriented)
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Ability to work independently and follow through with all assignments
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and sit for a period of 8 hours
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 2 years of sewing in a manufacturing environment
MUST be able to read, write and understand English. At least 2 years of manufacturing tailoring or sewing machine operator experience is highly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $12.75 /hour