- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITIONS: Full-time, Salary Exempt Employee
STATUS: Salary Exempt Employee (W2)
SALARY: $50K - $60K annual salary commensurate with experience
HOURS OF DUTY: Weekdays, Occasional weekends, On-call schedule as needed.
BENEFITS SUMMARY: An employee that is working 30 hours or more may enroll in our insurance plan(s) which are medical, vision, and dental. We also offer a retirement savings plan (e.g., an individual IRA account). Any employee may enroll once they are working 30 hours or more. However only after one (1) year with our firm will we pay 25% of the insurance, then after 2 or more years, we pay 50% of it. An employee would begin to accrue paid holidays if they are full-time (30 hours or more) however paid sick and vacation will only accrue after one (1) full year of employment. Other benefits may apply.
REPORTS TO: Supervising Community Managers and Department Head.
SCOPE OF WORK:
We are seeking a Handyman Maintenance to become a part of our team! You will perform necessary work to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and the structure of an establishment in repair. Responsible for administrative duties related to the day‐to‐day maintenance and repair of properties and maintenance leads. Performs responsible management and execution of assigned skilled trade work. Work is to be performed with considerable independence. General supervision is received from the Community Managers and Department heads. Knowledge in various trades such as Plumbing, Carpentry, Roofing, Electrical, Drywall/Paint, Appliances, Preventive Maintenance, and more is preferred/required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and give general direction for the execution of all maintenance and repair work.
- Conduct/Perform maintenance work to company/client expectations regarding quality, and professional compliance with specifications and standards as established by the industry.
- Reading and understanding RFPs, SOWs, and blueprints/drawings.
- Repair major and minor issues with equipment and buildings
- Complete maintenance and repair work orders, in a timely fashion
- Order and replace broken parts or equipment
- Maintain a clean and a safe workspace
- Perform other duties, as assigned
A. Inspection of Premises
- Personally inspect the property each regular workday and provide appropriate follow-up action to address deficiencies as noted.
- Assure that the office is clean, neat, and well maintained and desk and filing cabinet are orderly.
- On a weekly basis, compile information from daily inspections and action item lists with status. This report is to be submitted to the Supervisor.
B. Maintenance Duties
- Police grounds for litter and debris daily.
- Test all exterior lighting weekly, and replace bulbs as needed.
- Inspect property during/after rainstorms for damage, fallen tree limbs, malfunctioning gutters, downspouts, and storm drains. Take appropriate corrective actions as needed.
- Facilitate, monitor, and/or supervise association contractor activity in conjunction with and under the direction of the community manager.
- Facilitate preventive and scheduled maintenance programs.
- Perform basic repairs as needed and/or under the direction of the community manager including, but not necessarily limited to, minor carpentry, painting, milking, gutters/downspouts, drainage, pothole patching, minor concrete patching, light fixture cleaning/minor maintenance, sign repair, shed repair.
- Perform larger projects over time as directed by the community manager.
C. Administrative Functions
- Maintain daily activity logs, and phone logs, keep time records, and submit them to the Community Manager.
- Receive, update, and submit the running work order forms in conjunction with the community manager.
- Order tools and materials with prior approval by the community manager and maintain the purchase order system.
- Perform a monthly inventory of association tools, equipment, and supplies and provide them to the community manager.
- Assist in the administration of association parking policies.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget as needed.
- Assist in creating/facilitating notices and correspondence as directed by the community manager.
- Return all phone and email messages within 1 business day.
- Take prompt action to respond to all resident complaints or concerns.
- Maintain regular communication with the community manager, providing immediate notification of any conditions in need of immediate response.
- Relate to all co-owners/residents in a courteous, respectful manner.
OUTLINE OF REGULAR DUTIES
- Walk community — inspect for debris on walks/streets
- Remove any debris after pick-ups
- Inspect for lighting outages
- Inspect for pole light deficiencies
- Inspect for pest damage
- Inspect/correct clogged downspouts/gutters
- Inspect for roof debris
- Repair minor or major carpentry issues
- Supervise/assist contractors
- Enforce/issue parking violations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minor landscape efforts between contractor visits (weeding, watering flowers or new plant material)
- Painting of pole lights
- Equipment inventory
- Fire lane painting
- General painting of common areas
- Perform all necessary plumbing repair needs
- Perform most electrical repair needs
Lifting, driving, climbing, using ladders, elevators, and stairs. Must be able to perform all maintenance duties satisfactorily and in accordance with their physical requirements.
USE OF EQUIPMENT:
Phones, computers, calculators, 30 to 40 ft. ladders, and all mechanical equipment/tools on the property.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Trade experience is required. Must have significant years of engineering/maintenance experience working in a similar environment.
Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
A suitable combination of the above.
Licensed and certified plumbers are preferred.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/ENGINEER:
- Must possess a phone with email capabilities. (Android or I-phone preferred).
- Must have a working reliable vehicle to get to and from properties/job assignments/office.
- Your own general tools. Must be able to use and care for the tools and equipment necessary to perform all property/building maintenance tasks.
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
- Familiarity with hand-held tools and equipment
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Bilingual is not a requirement but is desired.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company objectives and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties, nor as a contract between employer and employee.
1. Value at an affordable cost.
2. The ability to schedule work at their convenience
3. To receive quality and valued service.
BUILDING AND ENGINEERING ELITE SERVWhy Work Here?
Great team culture and plenty of room for growth and professional development.
Building and Engineering Elite Services (B.E.E.S) is a professional conglomerate of service providers and contractors designed to investigate and solve even some of the most intricate maintenance and property management issues. We are building an exciting team of problem solvers and game-changers within the world of Real Estate. We will always value your ideas and unique talents at your firm. We want YOU to be part of this growth. This is where innovation meets excellence. Our customers value our 3 levels of service: 1. Value at an affordable cost. 2. The ability to schedule work at their convenience 3. To receive quality and valued service.
14504 Greenview DriveLaurel, MD
Real EstateView all jobs at BUILDING AND ENGINEERING ELITE SERV