This position is responsible for placement of new business, processing and servicing of new and renewal lines of business and providing customer service to clients as assigned and requested in our Select Business Unit.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in marketing, analysis and servicing of select commercial insurance business in accordance with procedures outlined by the organization.
- Ability to rate new and renewal business via carrier online rating systems.
- Analyze and compare quotations and review forms for proposals; utilizing carrier proposals when available.
- File surplus lines filings for surplus lines policies, as requested
- Bind renewal policies, using agency renewal process, if not an automatic renewal
- Provide ongoing service to clients, including but not limited to binders, invoices, endorsements, and certificates, etc.
- Check policies to assure that coverage's and limits are as ordered and that they match agency management system
- Review policy forms to ensure that correct forms are included on the policy
- Maintain account file in agency management system, including incoming and outgoing e-mail correspondence
- Perform in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions
- Communicate the daily work of the Assistant Account Manager to the Team Lead (if applicable)
- Be well-rounded with regards to various lines of coverage and be able to review potential exposures that can be addressed through risk transfer
- Specialize in evaluating risks and consulting on missing coverage to ensure our clients are adequately insured
- Assist in expanding existing accounts by rounding out and cross-selling additional insurance products
- Conduct periodic coverage and risk reviews to ensure the adequacy of the client program designs
- Work with clients during audits and educate the client on the audit results
- Process changes and renewals through communication with the insured, insurance companies and producers
- Pursue a program for personal and professional experience (education classes, seminars, workshops) in combination with individual study programs to expand your knowledge and skills
- Maintain and communicate up-to-date knowledge of market conditions, pricing strategies, market/product options and markets
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Three or more years of experience in commercial (property and casualty) insurance, preferably with larger and more complex middle market clients and risks
Active Utah Property and Casualty license required; Utah Life & Health license desired
Required Job Knowledge And Skills
- Knowledge of major insurance coverage's including General Liability, Commercial Automobile, Workers Compensation, Products Liability, Commercial Property, Umbrella
- Understand the content and structure of the insurance contract
- Some knowledge of complex insurance coverage's such as E&O, Fiduciary, EPLI and D&O preferred
- Commercial Property, Umbrella , Excellent communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing
- Ability to understand and analyze commercial lines coverage forms, rating and policies
- Must be actively pursuing CISR, CIC, CRM, ARM or CPCU
- Ability to establish and develop strong relationships with clients, carriers, trusted business partners and coworkers
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with details
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications used by the agency, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; EPIC; as well as the Internet and Carrier Web Sites
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and to listen for instructions and information. The employee is also required to sit for long periods of time often in front of a computer monitor and operate a computer keyboard. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years