Isbill Dental Lab offers a full spectrum of specialized products, services and technologies to address any dental restoration need. As we continue to grow, we are seeking to add an experienced Ceramist to our local office in Douglasville, GA.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Must be able to do good quality anterior work.
- Completely read prescriptions and specifications received from dentist. Clarify questions with supervisor.
- Examine materials in pan, confirm that all items needed are present and in suitable condition, and make sure case is scheduled accurately according to the prescription.
- Choose correct porcelain
- Build to correct contour, blend and occlusion
- Contour e-max, zirconia, and posterior porcelain fused to metal according to documented procedures in a priority order
- Return items to proper pan
- Complete cases according to work ticket schedule, notify supervisor of late cases
- Scan and initial cases as required
- Ensure that all steps and technical team policies (TTPs) are followed, in order, to ensure consistent, accurate results.
- Review final work and check completely that all quality standards have been met before passing the work to the next technician.
- Operate a blasting unit as well as a steam cleaner
- Assist in opaque and model department functions when required
- Support Manager and Director of Operations in creating a positive atmosphere within the department
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager and Director of Operations to aid work flow.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Some Supervisory experience
- Must be able to do the following:
- Stain and Glaze
- Strong spatial ability, good eye hand coordination, excellent perception skills and superior attention to details.
- The ability to trouble shoot and problem solve using past experience and success to gauge the best steps on future cases.
- Strong ability to pay close attention to details
- Dependable and reliable; willing to take on needed duties to fulfill the goals of this operation and take responsibility for actions.
- Flexible and open to frequent change, supporting the efforts of the organization.
- Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of dental terminology and oral anatomy.
- Ability to complete essential job functions required at a level that meets the standards for an experienced dental technician.
- Interpersonal/Communication/Teamwork Skills
- Takes a proactive approach to situations.
- Educate and motivate others within department.
- Accepts and offers feedback in a tactful manner.
- Ability to use surrounding resources if questions arise.
- Assist with supporting open communication within organization.
- Decision making skills
- Prioritize workload so that cases run efficiently through department.
- Handle last minute rush cases properly as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- This technician has a minimum of 5 years of experience and is skilled in one or more of the skills associated with a Dental Laboratory Technician.
· On the job training.
High School or better/ Required 8-10 years: Ceramist
BTO Dental Lab Inc