Junior Data Scientist
- Posted: over a month ago
BTAS Job Posting
Junior Data Scientist
Position Type / Standard Work Hours:
Langley Air Force Base, Hampton, VA
Full-time/40 hours per week/On-Site
Summary / Objective:
Junior Data Scientist will support the Air Combat Command Cyber Defense Correlation Cell’s mission assurance objectives by providing relevant cyber incident and threat information to operational commanders and other cyber mission assurance entities. This is accomplished by providing analysis and correlation of incident and threat data for mission assurance stakeholders, facilitating incident response coordination for aligned Mission Defense Teams (MDTs), and supporting awareness of the cyber threat environment across the Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) enterprise.
- Develop research studies, analyses, and projects that affect the ACC CDCC’s programs and policies
- Provide analytical support to Mission Defense Teams (MDTs), the Cyber Defense Operations Center (CDOC) and other cyber mission assurance organizations. Perform analysis, develop and verify hypotheses, concepts, and proposals in technical and analytical areas using: Big Data platforms, algorithms and tools; advanced quantitative methods and techniques; and large data sets
- Create, develop, and/or apply existing tools and techniques to conduct data analytics; gather, curate, analyze, and extract meaning from large, complex, diverse data sets
- Develop, test, and apply optimized algorithms and statistical models for discovering new threat intelligence data, minimizing false positives, and recommending courses of action for internal and external stakeholders
- Apply data to develop and provide analytical support to all levels of management
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Very little – less than 10%
Required Education and / or Experience:
- Preferred: Active SEC+ or higher certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
- Preferred: IT or Cybersecurity Degree
- Preferred: experience with Big Data Platforms
An active TS/SCI clearance or higher is required.
AAP / EEO Statement:
BTAS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BTAS is an E-Verify program participant.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TechnologyView all jobs at BTAS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?