BTAS Job Description
Security Clearance Required:
FPGA Design Engineer
Available to obtain security clearance
Position Type / Standard Work Hours:
El Segundo, CA
Full-time/40 hours per week
Summary / Objective:
Developing and designing FPGA level requirements.
- Developing FPGA level requirements derived from system level requirements.
- Developing associated architectures.
- Implementing design, performing simulations and testing of the FPGA module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting.
- Familiar with the latest technology trend in the area of microprocessor, memory and interface protocols.
- He/she will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers.
- This position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- This position may require occasional business related travel.
- This position does not supervise the work of others.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, etc.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80%
- Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other standard office equipment
- Very little - less than 5%
Required Education and / or Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship status required.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in FPGA design implantation and testing, or 4 years with a related Master's Degree.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Design Tool Set to create schematics that contain microprocessor, FPGA's and high-speed transceivers.
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer and FPGA's debugging tools.
- Experience with interfaces and bus standard such as: VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX and Gb Ethernet.
- Experience designing with Xilinx and/or Altera FPGA's
Preferred Education and / or Experience:
- Expertise in FPGA development tools such as ModelSim/OuestaSim, Synplify, Xilinx ISE, Vivado and Altera Quartus.
- Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language.
- Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
AAP / EEO Statement:
BTAS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BTAS is an E-Verify program participant.