- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Monitor the swimming and lake activities on the Summit's lakes to ensure a safe experience for participants.
Location: James C. Justice National Scout Camp
Reports To: Aquatics Team Lead and Head Lifeguard
Salary Grade: II
- Monitor the safety of participants in the lake. Perform water rescues as needed.
- Supervise BSA Swim Tests.
- Implement the buddy tag system to ensure waterfront staff know who is in the lake and to know when they have left.
- Maintain a clean and efficient program area.
- Use any and all safety equipment mandated in your program venue.
- Insure proper use, security and care of program equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the management team.
Qualifications & Trainings:
- Must be 18 years of age at the start of the employment period.
- Must have or complete BSA or Red Cross lifeguard certification (preferably with the Waterfront endorsement).
- Must have or be able to obtain a current certification in Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Must be able to lift and handle materials up to 70
- Strong Swimmer.
- Must meet the Summit Bechtel Reserve's high adventure height/weight requirements as laid out in the Summit BSA Health & Medical Record.
- Summit Staff Uniform
- Shirt Provided.
- Shorts or Pants not provided: brown, green, or olive (available at trading post if desired).
- Activity Uniform (not provided)
- Red Swim trunks or modest one-piece.
- White T- Shirt or long sleeve.
- Closed toed water shoes.
- Recommended white or red hat/ visor, polarized sunglasses.
- Guard, Lifeguard, and or red/ white cross logos are approved on shorts, shirts, and hats/visors.
10x12' Platform Tent, Echo Base Camp
BSA Summit Group
AddressOak Hill, WV
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at BSA Summit Group