ATV Experience Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
This is a 2023 Summer position.
The ATV Experience Manager develops and oversees the execution of a meaningful ATV Trek program for the National High Adventure Base as a means to develop leadership, character, citizenship, and fitness in youth. Provide leadership, support, and ATV instruction to participants of varying ability levels in an ATV trek.
- Under the direction of the Wheeled Sports Director, train and supervise staff in the execution of ATV programs
- Present an ATV trek program through cheerful, helpful, and efficient service to all Summit guests. Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude to ensure that participants have a safe and enjoyable experience. When possible solve their needs and concerns, where not possible, steer them to someone who can.
- Safely drive the ATV trek support vehicle and trailer.
- Assist with directing the setup and takedown of the ATV facilities and equipment.
- Keep an accurate inventory of supplies and request more as needed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is used properly, inventoried, and returned in good repair.
- Ensure that all paperwork is filled out accurately and timely.
- Carry out and enforce the policies and procedures outlined in the Summit Bechtel Reserve Staff Handbook.
- Ensure all programs, staff, and facilities are in compliance with National Camp Accreditation Standards, state/federal laws, and any other applicable standards.
- Participate in all camp-wide activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by full-time staff and/or direct supervisor.
Qualifications & Training:
- Be or become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- 21 years old or older.
- Have significant experience teaching or guiding ATV sports.
- Have experience maintaining ATVs.
- Have ATV riding experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must meet the Summit Bechtel Reserve's high adventure height/weight requirements as laid out in the Summit BSA Health & Medical Record.
- Must be able to lift and handle materials weighing up to 70lbs.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency riding an ATV.
Uniform: Summit Staff Uniform
- SBR blue polo or BSA Field Uniform (Scouts BSA, Venturing, or Sea Scout)
- Shorts/Pants should be of the appropriate length/size/appropriateness for a Scouting setting.
- Shoes should be closed-toe, neat, and clean. No wild colors.
- 10x12' Platform Tent; Foxtrot Base Camp Staff Area
BSA Summit Group
AddressOak Hill, WV
ConstructionView all jobs at BSA Summit Group