Home Health and Hospice Intake Coordinator
BRiO Home Health & Hospice Idaho Falls, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We intend to fill this position quickly! Apply Now!**Minimum experience 2 years in Home Health and Hospice**
To work independently to staff multiple health care personnel. To support the common goals of the office as it relates to day-to-day office operations. To assist with employee retention strategies. To provide the upmost service and quality care to our clients.
- Builds relationships with home care clients (and families) and field staff.
- Actively manages available field staff to maximize hours worked per FTE.
- Communicates with multiple patient and families to determine staffing needs and arranges/coordinates the requests.
- C.N.A, RN, LPN, PT, OT, ST coordination and scheduling. Ensuring shifts are filled, with a goal of not missing shifts.
- Assists with intake of new patients
- Follows policy and procedures as directed.
- Brings concerns forward appropriately to supervisor.
- Promotes an environment of high morale and teamwork.
- Works with supervisor and other team members towards office and business goals.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- LPN License
- Two (2) years of staffing/scheduling or intake experience.
- Work as LPN in a facility is a plus!
- Home care experience a plus!
- If you are lacking some of the above experience, but are really confident in your work ethic and abilities, don't hesitate to apply.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Proficient in Windows, Word and Excel. Just have some tech smarts.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and effectively handle a heavy workload
- Patient advocate- strong desire to make our client/patient experience a great one!
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude a must!
- Strong customer service skills
- Team player!