Certified Nursing Assistant - Training Program
BRIA Health Services is seeking an energetic employee to join our healthcare team. This position offers a chance to meet the medical and emotional needs of our residents in a safe, professional and nurturing environment.
We will offer classroom and clinical training through our program, with you commitment to work with us upon completion of the course!
Schedules Available: all shifts, weekends.
- Assist with lifting,turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds,chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents with dressing and ensure that dependent residents are dressed in clean clothing appropriate for season and in good repair.
- Give or assist resident with bathing.
- Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care.
- Keep incontinent residents clean, dry and odor free; check every two hours to maintain.
- Assist residents with bowel and bladder functions.
- Position residents maintaining good body alignment.
- Keep residents dry,changing clothes and gowns when wet or soiled.
- Make beds and change bed linens when soiled.
- Shave male patientsdaily and female residents as needed.
- Keep residents finger and toenails clean and trimmed.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
- Assist resident with hair combing and brushing, shampooing and styling.
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs and transport, accompany and participate when assigned.
- Maintain records accurately and timely.
- Chart timely and accurately in Point of Care (if applicable).
- Measure and record T, P,R, and weights as instructed.
- Observe and report the presence of skin breakdown or redness to the nurse.
- Observe and report any physical or emotional changes observed in the residents including any complaints or grievances made by the resident.
- Prepare resident for meals, assist serving food trays or feed as necessary and record/or report residents intake or acceptance of food.
- Serve between meal and bedtime snacks or nourishment.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and maintain 12 hours of training each year.
- Keep nurse call system within easy reach and answer call lights within 10 minutes.
- Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the nurse immediately.
- Follow established safety precautions in performance of all duties.
- Wash hands before and after performing any service for the resident and follow infection control guidelines and universal precautions.
- Keep wheel chairs,tables, geri-chairs, commodes and other resident equipment clean.
- Follow established isolation precautions and procedures.
- Review care plans daily to ensure provision of appropriate care.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident call information and ensure resident privacy.
- Treat all residents,families and visitors with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with policy and procedure and instruction of your supervisor.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive regard as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Adhere to all facility and department policies and procedures.
- Appropriate application and response to personal/door alarms.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write,and spell and to understand and follow both written and oral directions.
- Ability to communicate and work well with residents and staff members.
- Ability to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Ability to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, mentally ill, emotionally upset and at times hostile and violent residents within the facility.
- Ability to remain current in practice as applicable to job.
BRIA Health Services
Compassionate, resident-centered care is the cornerstone of our services. BRIA employees are passionate and caring professionals who take great pride in their ability to serve our residents in a broad range of skilled healthcare, administrative, therapeutic and support roles. Our team serves from the heart so that residents get the most out of every day.
Our goal is to provide our residents with services designed to achieve the best possible health, level of function, and quality of life. From rehabilitation therapy and specialized cardiac, orthopedic and pulmonary rehabilitation, to in-house and bedside hemodialysis, we help our patients get back home. We also offer long-term care options, including specialized Alzheimer's / dementia care.
We offer enhanced clinical capabilities and comfortable amenities in safe and supportive environments, including:
- Rehabilitation services seven days a week
- State-of-the-art medical and therapy equipment
- Enhanced rehabilitation gyms
- Medical staff with expertise in post-acute care
- 24-hour coverage by nurses specially trained in patient assessment and evaluation
- Comprehensive patient and family education
- Post discharge follow-up
- Newly renovated facilities and patient rooms
- In-room televisions with cable/satellite
Our mission is to provide the best health outcomes, highest levels of customer service, and a culture that encourages personal growth and satisfaction for staff.