ELECTRICAL ENGINEER OR TECHNICIAN
Brewmation Incorporated, located in Hopewell Junction New York, has been building breweries and control systems for over 15 years. We specialize in 100% electric and steam-fired brewing systems from 1/2bbl to 30bbl and distilling systems up to 2000 liters.
Brewmation Inc. is an established and growing company that recently launched a new division serving the cannabis industry. Automated Extractions has experienced tremendous growth, creating the need to expand our engineering team. We are seeking candidates with experience in the areas listed below, but would bring someone on board with a lesser background who exhibits a desire to work in our industry, has the basic knowledge needed to grow into the role, and shows a commitment to learning. With the launch of Automated Extractions, the opportunity for advancement is significant.
At the core of our business, Brewmation Inc. produces UL 508A and UL 698 listed industrial control systems for breweries and distilleries. Automated Extractions will expand on this to include process plant system integration. Experience coordinating sub-contractors would be a valuable asset.
If hired, a candidate meeting the minimum skills will learn some or all of the desirable skills shown below and become capable of performing the duties listed.
Since we are seeking candidates with varying skill levels, please include a cover letter that describes your knowledge and experience as it relates to the requirements and duties listed. The candidate’s skills and experience will determine the compensation.
· Basic understanding of industrial electrical control panels
· Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings
· Experience with AutoCAD, with a preference for creating electrical diagrams and schematics
· Basic understanding of NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code)
· Basic understanding of bills of material
· Experience with Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook
· In place of direct experience, education such as an engineering/technical degree or trade school accreditation with formal training in the areas listed above
In addition to the minimum skills, we are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, curious, and analytical person who exhibits the ability to work independently when asked, but also enjoys accomplishments through teamwork.
· Ability to receive system design specifications and develop engineering documentation sufficient for the production team and field installation contractors
· Advanced AutoCAD skills with emphasis on electrical ladder diagrams and control panel layouts
· Experience with 3D modeling software such as Solidworks for producing plant process and equipment layout documents
· Experience working in a UL 508A panel shop, in an engineering capacity
· Knowledgeable understanding of NFPA 70, NFPA 79, UL 508A and UL 698 standards
· Understanding of hazardous (classified) location standards and proper wiring practices, including the use of intrinsic safety barriers
· Knowledge of bills of material and part number structure, and experience entering into ERP systems.
· Development of documentation used for small to medium-sized process plant system installations
· Understanding of P&I diagrams; experience in their creation.
· Experience with PLC based industrial control systems and programming
· Ability to create videos for instruction and marketing
· Hands-on experience with wiring, plumbing, pneumatics and mechanical assembly
· Background with or understanding of botanical extractions
· Knowledge of the food, beverage or pharmaceutical industries, or production of equipment for such organizations and cGMP
· Experience with material handling and processing equipment such as mills, conveyors, and bulk bagging
· Understanding of heat transfer systems, chillers, and steam boilers
· Field service experience, either performing repairs or installations
· Creation of operator’s manuals and similar instructional documentation
Summary of Duties:
· Design and document industrial control systems.
· Assist with the design, development, testing, and manufacture of products and other equipment.
· Create electrical schematics, control panel layout drawings, and bills of material.
· Answer questions from the production team and escalate to the engineering manager when appropriate.
· Working in coordination with the production team, develop test processes and procedures.
· Assist the sales team with special requests and keep them informed with engineering changes.
· Assist purchasing personnel with component definitions and specifications.
· Analyze and document systems for product performance. Suggest means for improvement.
· Prepare and manage records for certification and regulatory compliance.
· Modify and create instruction manuals and troubleshooting guides.
· Expand on and follow document control procedures.
· Develop comprehensive knowledge of the equipment and control systems produced by the company.
· Assist technical support team and handle service calls when needed.
· Keep apprised of the latest developments and innovations in the industry.
Understanding of or direct experience with brewing and distilling
· Research equipment and component needs, such as sources, competitive prices, delivery times, and ongoing operational costs.
· To ensure projects remains on schedule, coordinate with installation contractors by answering their questions, provide documentation, and keep management apprised.
· Travel to customer locations to assist with equipment installations. Travel expected to be less than 10 percent.
· Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Brewmation Incorporated offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
o Accrual of 14 days of paid time off (PTO) in the first year with increases in subsequent years of employment
o Eight paid holidays
o Company contribution towards premium health insurance plan
o 401k retirement plan with company matching contribution, profit sharing, and financial planner management.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org