We are seeking an Electrical Engineer Internship to become an integral part of our team! We appreciate outside-the- box thinking. BPM is a small company with a sense of family. In this environment, you will be hands-on, take personal responsibility for results and see the concrete results of your work. The Device Support Engineer is responsible for researching and creating software algorithms that support devices with Non-Volatile memories. They are also responsible for design and release of adapter boards to program such devices. In this position you will interact with leading semiconductor manufacturers and their semiconductor devices. You will stay abreast of the latest technologies being used in the industry and the means by which they are programmed
- Basic electronics
- Understanding of C/C++/Assembly languages.
- Familiar with EPROM, Flash, Microcontrollers and PLDs
- Familiar with signal integrity, ground bounce, power supply noises etc
- Research and document relay test results
- Track project time lines to complete tasks on schedule
- Ensure reliable operation of equipment
- Write algorithms to support Non-Volatile memory devices.
- Update existing algorithms with new specification changes from semiconductor manufacturers.
- Design and release Socket Module adapter boards.
- Evaluate any incoming requests for support of devices.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedure and criteria using good judgment in completing device support engineering tasks.
- Work with QA and software team on unique testing requirements.
- Work with Technical Support on any issues or questions pertaining to Device Support.
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems found and reported by QA or customers.
- Previous experience in electrical engineering or other related fields
- Familiarity with electrical diagnostic equipment
- Knowledge of relay design standards
- Excellent root cause analysis skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
About BPM Microsystems
Imagine being involved in developing a world-class technology product required by every factory that produces electronics in the world! BPM's product development environment is the position that will creatively challenge you every day.
BPM Microsystems produces the most advanced electronic device programming systems in the world. Our products are robotic high-speed instruments that load data patterns into flash memory chips and microcontrollers. Our customers include the world's top manufacturers of smart phones, automotive electronics, consumer electronics, industrial and medical devices as well as component distributors and independent programming centers. Our goal is to promote automation and new advances in programming, enabling customers to become more competitive. Our vertically-integrated factory is located in Houston, Texas.