BPM is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We appreciate outside-the- box thinking. BPM is a small company with a sense of family. In this environment, you will be hands-on, take personal responsibility for results and see the concrete results of your work. The Device Support Engineer is responsible for researching and creating software algorithms that support devices with Non-Volatile memories. They are also responsible for design and release of adapter boards to program such devices. In this position you will interact with leading semiconductor manufacturers and their semiconductor devices. You will stay abreast of the latest technologies being used in the industry and the means by which they are programmed.
- Bachelor or advance degree, preferably Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering
- Basic electronics
- Understanding of C/C++/Assembly languages.
- Familiar with EPROM, Flash, Microcontrollers and PLDs
- Familiar with signal integrity, ground bounce, power supply noises etc…
- Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Multitasking, detail oriented
The Device Support Engineer is responsible for all aspects of support of devices with Non-Volatile memories. They analyze any requests to research the feasibility of support and determine all electrical and software requirements for supporting the device. The Device Support Engineer designs adapter boards as needed. These adapters are then used to write algorithms that generate waveforms needed for programming a Non-Volatile device. The Engineer is also responsible for support of such algorithms in case of any issues or questions.
- Write algorithms to support Non-Volatile memory devices.
- Update existing algorithms with new specification changes from semiconductor manufacturers.
- Design and release Socket Module adapter boards.
- Evaluate any incoming requests for support of devices.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedure and criteria using good judgment in completing device support engineering tasks.
- Work with QA and software team on unique testing requirements.
- Work with Technical Support on any issues or questions pertaining to Device Support.
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems found and reported by QA or customers.
- Maintain good relationships with semiconductor manufacturer engineers and contacts
About BPM Microsystems
Imagine being involved in developing a world-class technology product required by every factory that produces electronics in the world! BPM's product development environment is the position that will creatively challenge you everyday.
BPM Microsystems produces the most advanced electronic device programming systems in the world. Our products are robotic high-speed instruments that load data patterns into flash memory chips and microcontrollers. Our customers include the world's top manufacturers of smart phones, automotive electronics, consumer electronics, industrial and medical devices as well as component distributors and independent programming centers. Our goal is to promote automation and new advances in programming, enabling customers to become more competitive. Our vertically-integrated factory is located in Houston, Texas.