- Assist Property Management in establishing, promoting and maintaining positive relations with tenants and with the day-to-day operations of the property.
- Answer and route phone calls from tenants and vendors to the appropriate contact within Property Management and/or dispatch personnel based on immediate needs.
- Provide tenants and vendors with assistance in all aspects of scheduling building maintenance, communicating building procedures and supplying general building information.
- Notify Property Manager of repeat tenant complaints or unusual and/or unreasonable situations.
- Provide high quality of customer service and take an active role in the tenant retention program.
- Do insurance follow-up for all leases. Type insurance letters to clients, maintain insurance follow-up data report, keep Property Manager informed of client non-compliance with insurance requirements of the lease, and update insurance information into database.
- Update and maintain current daily and emergency tenant contact lists, tenant information manuals and building personnel listings and directory.
- Coordinate for and provide tenants with holiday and special event notification such as welcome breakfasts, blood drives, ice cream socials, etc.
- Provide support to Property Manager by producing, modifying and /or distributing various forms, spreadsheets, manuals, information packages, and other information.
- Process correspondence with tenants, contractors and other third parties for Property Management staff.
- Maintain and update insurance certificate files for tenants and all contractors performing work at the property.
- Execute prompt accurate billing of tenant work orders for billable services.
- Assist in the maintenance of an organized and updated manual and electronic filing system for purchase orders, vendor invoices, tenant work order billings and other general files.
- Maintain office supplies. Keep refrigerator stocked with cold drinks. Order lunch or bring refreshments for meetings as requested.
- Open, date stamp, and distribute mail daily.
- Prepare letters and packages for overnight or express delivery.
- Assist with the scheduling of contractor work and coordinate with tenants.
- Contribute toward overall office operational needs by providing administrative support related to maintaining property management operations as necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in real estate, preferred but not required.
- 2 to 3 years of property management experience highly desirable.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of the team without close supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs to include Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, and set priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to work beyond the regular work schedule.
Special Equipment, Machines and Tools Used
IBM-compatible PC; Software: Microsoft Office, building specific software, ten-key adding machine, fax and copy machines, postage meter, phone and voice mail systems