It is the responsibility of the Assistant Property Manager to provide general clerical and administrative support for the Property Manager of a large Office Complex (Commercial Property. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Run credit reports for new and renewing tenants and route to Property Manager.
- Type leases, addendum, lease abstracts and related materials for commercial tenants. Create tenant lease files. Prepare cover letters and mail leases to tenants for signature.
- Finalize lease documentation including: submitting “Monies Due” sheet and “Lease Abstracts” to the Accounting Department, obtaining signatures of designated corporate officers on signed leases, mailing copies of executed documents to client, filing copies of executed documents in client files, updating tenant information in the Outlook contact lists.
- Enter invoices, after Property Manager codes and enters rent payments from tenants into accounting software.
- Assist with bill-back process to tenants for electrical, HVAC, keys, access cards, etc. Prepare invoices in Excel with proper backup.
- Do insurance follow-up for all leases. Type insurance letters to clients, maintain insurance follow-up data report, keep Property Managers informed of client non-compliance with insurance requirements of the lease, and update insurance information into database.
- Assist with the budget process, including preparing monthly reporting financial package for BPG and partners.
- Process work orders for proper record keeping of property repairs. File copies in tenant files.
- Handle various tenant-related correspondence and notices: prepare lease expiration notices, default notices with Proof of Service, Notices of Non-Responsibility, and other letters and notices as required. Route and file copies.
- Copy delinquent notices for mailing, filing and distribution within the company.
- Prepare and mail documentation to attorney for any tenants requiring legal action.
- File tenant-related documents in tenant files.
- File miscellaneous documents for the Property Managers and President.
- Create other non-tenant files as needed.
- Box and label inactive files and send them to storage.
- Enter new and update tenant and vendor information in Outlook and Excel.
- Respond to tenant-related issues in the absence of Property Managers as requested.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties for Property Managers and other staff, such as type and copy correspondence, send, route and file faxes as directed, maintain correspondence and memo files, prepare packages for shipping, etc.
- Provide assistance with department-related marketing projects when needed.
- Maintain office supplies. Order lunch or bring refreshments for meetings as requested.
- Answer phones and take messages for other staff as needed.
- Route inquiries from potential tenants to the Property Managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Equipment, Machines and Tools Used:
IBM-compatible PC; Software: Microsoft Office, Yardi, ten-key adding machine, fax and photocopy machines, postage meter, phone and voice mail systems.
Skills and Abilities
Analytical, organizational and administrative skills, which include a high level of ability in written and verbal communication and planning. Ability to establish schedules, meet deadlines, and maintain follow-up procedures.