CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN - Telecom / Utilities / Underground
- Expired: July 28, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under general direction of the Construction Project Manager the Construction Foreman provides field supervision over crews involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of underground conduit installation and fiber placement and related equipment. The Construction Foreman is directly responsible for the safety of his/her crew, serving as the front-line Safety Officer for the site /project and ensuring the crew is meeting or exceeding OSHA quality safety standards. This role will provide leadership and should model our core values and be a good influence for the crews, maintaining a positive attitude, even while under pressure and in adverse circumstances.
The Construction Foreman will be required to hold and maintain an OSHA 10 Certification.
The key roles include the following:
- Job Planning/Daily Production
- Job Cost Oversight
- Daily Crew Timesheet
- Jobsite Safety
- Crew Leadership
- Redlines/Job Closeout
Founded in 2000 in Phoenix, Arizona with a simple vision "That if we could provide our customers confidence knowing that they are working with the most innovative, creative, forward thinking, technologically advanced companies focused on producing results, we could reach our dreams and make a difference in the community we serve".
At BPG, we believe that our employees come first, clients second and profits follow. We invest thousands of dollars in training our employees annually. We currently have many staff members taking advantage of our tuition reimbursement program. Many are attending various trade schools, community colleges and universities to further their careers. In 2020, our executive leadership team approved a company matching 401K program up to 4%.
- Employer-paid options for medical and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Additional voluntary medical, dental, vision, disability, accident, legal, ID theft, and life insurance plans available
- 401K Plan, including employer match
- Paid vacation/sick/holidays for eligible employees
Job Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience
- Hold and maintain an OSHA 10
- CDL class A- with tanker endorsement
- Experience workingalong right of way excavation, trenching, horizontal directional drilling, installing underground utilities and utility vaults including fiber placement preferred
- Understanding of installation of underground dry utilities
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings/prints
- Ability to recognize and understand blue stake markings
- Knowledgeable in operating excavators, loaders and backhoes
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a safe, consistent manner per OSHA requirements
- Ability to effectively supervise other employees
- Ability to communicate effectively with other workers, supervisors and senior management Consistently practices individual initiative and reliability
- Must be able to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Ability to maintain a valid driver's license and provide a clean MVR
The duties of this position are listed below. These duties help define clearer expectations for this position.
- Supervises and develops construction crew, providing input and assisting crews when needed in operating other equipment and/or assisting the laborers out in the field
- Ensures that materials, equipment and tools are safely loaded/unloaded, secured to crew vehicles, cleaned and maintained as prescribed
- Checks and inspect crew vehicles for proper operating conditions, proper security, and proper stock materials pre and post-trip
- Checks work area to ensure it has been cleaned upon completion of work and properly disposes of debris
- Writes any necessary reports, completes forms, posts information on computer, finds customer information on computer as required and directed; including, but not limited to using project management solution, including HCSS and other applications, if necessary
- Enters crew's hours of work accurately into job cost system, HCSS, and ensures that all timecards are signed by all crew members and turned in for processing (i.e. HCSS diaries and timecards are to be sent in at the end of each day)
- Performs inspections of crews, providing feedback, stopping any unsafe work (stop work authority), and completing reports as necessary, JHA's, Near Misses, Incident/Accident Reports, etc.
- Wears required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including hard hat, eye protection, reflective vest, gloves and composite-toed boots
- Monitors quality standards of all jobs, including crew performance, and ensures that all quality assurance and company standards are being met
- Ensures strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
- Outside weather conditions
- Extreme heat
- Wet and/or humid conditions
- Moving mechanical parts
- Loud noise level work environment
- Precarious places
- Fumes or airborne particles
- The employee is occasionally exposed to:
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Risk of electrical shock
- Risk of vibration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Work requires moderate to heavy physical and manual skills, such as the use of hand operated power tools, construction equipment and Company vehicles.
- Work requires close mental and visual concentration, hand/eye coordination and dexterity often in hazardous or adverse conditions for sustained periods.
- Work requires the use of heavy power-driven equipment and working in confined spaces, often exposing the employee to hazardous situations.
- Extended hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Leadership- Lead with excellence, vision, and discipline. Attention to detail, time efficiency and taking the time to work through problems with your team members will be critical to your success in this position.
- Workspace - Maintain an organized and tidy workspace. Keep the area around your department free from clutterand communicate any issues with your computer or other equipment to the department manager immediately.
- Safety - At BPG we believe that safety begins with you and the best gift you can ever give your family is you!Pleasebe safe in everything you do in life.
- Change - We encourage all of our employees to always observe and suggest potential changes that will help theoverall efficiency of BPG. We request all of our employees continue to assist in developing new processes thatimprove the company efficiencies.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of the job and may change atany time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
BPG Designs, LLC
ConstructionView all jobs at BPG Designs, LLC