Job profile summary:
Responsible for working across teams/functions in direct support of executing the sales strategy, assisting in the operational execution of the existing customer base, business development and new account generation through helping with the relevant business administration and assisting with analytical support and insights. The scope of the role will influence the grade - this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
The Sales Operations Coordinator works within the Fuels NA Sales team to execute the customer strategy and is an interactive and fast-paced first level position into Sales with broad access to various parts of the business. The position is essential in effectively contributing to the selling of branded and unbranded fuel by managing operational execution of existing customer-base, assisting in business development execution and support of new account generation. This role works across multiple customer channels, with cross-functional BP teams and external customers in direct support of executing the Fuels NA Sales strategy: goal of winning versus our competitors by deliver sustainable, profitable growth through strategic customers across all channels, and executing the brand strategy.
- Execution and coordination of Sales Manager deal negotiation analysis, account planning, account profiles, and gathering of customer and industry insights.
- Management and/or coordination of sales operational activities in support of Sales Managers and Customers, such as executing customer communications of key Sales or Supply related messages, and/or championing customer needs such as escalation of customer loading and/or allocation issues.
- Manage oversight of customer contractual commitments with Global Business Services (GBS) for Commercial, Branded Jobber, Branded Direct, DCA JOI, Refresh JOI, and Master JOI contracts.
- Sole account management of two customer segments, with specific attention to Marketing program and offer delivery, Sales 30-month CBM volume demand forecasting, and account-profile management.
- Ensure silent-running and compliance of Sales activities through proactive continuous process improvement within Sales and by close coordination with other parts of EoR FVC and its functions (Legal, Marketing, Finance, Supply, and GBS).
Bachelor's Degree is Required
Essential experience and job requirements
- 3+ years of experience with roles supporting sales, supply, marketing and/or finance organizations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven record of project management and/or coordination experience.
- Knowledge of Tableau and Big Data Analytics a plus
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers' needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.