Job profile summary:
Responsible for supporting supply chain operations through coordinating supply optimization, using basic analytical capabilities to assist with planning and product availability, and development of continuous improvement opportunities to assist efforts to ensure sufficient supply of goods and products.
- Maintain and improve the system and processes that support the Supply Chain Organization relating to MPS, MRP and S&OP.
- Generate raw material requirements, based on the Supply Plan & network/project changes, and document underlying assumptions.
- Represent raw material planning on project teams or in support of business initiatives for successful introductions of new products, product reformulations, efficiency improvements and changes.
- Set, monitor and drive adherence to specific raw material item targets.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with assigned suppliers.
- Active participation in the resolution of material availability issues related to production, delivery timing or capacities.
- Analyze and manage Master Data in ERP system to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Support the delivery of working capital commitments.
- Review, monitor and execute actions to address slow moving and obsolete materials to reduce the financial exposure to the company.
A Bachelor's Degree OR a High School Diploma with an APICS certification is required
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum 2 years of Supply Chain or Manufacturing experience, preferably in Planning or Procurement
- Intermediate level skill with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated experience with problem identification, data analysis, and process improvement
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional supply chain partners JDE, SAP or similar ERP system knowledge
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- SAP APO or similar ERP systems knowledge
- Experience in consumer products or similar fast moving industry
- Knowledge of ERP planning (DRP, MPS, MRP, SFC, BOM, Master Data, etc.)
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers' needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. ( Spanish version )
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement .