Job profile summary:
Responsible for providing general support potentially, for multiple teams with a variety of administrative activities in order to support an effective, efficient and compliant business. The K level for this position is based on complexity of accountabilities including breadth and/or depth of knowledge and skills required.
This is a BP temporary role with a duration of about 12 months.
- As primary coverage/contact for the HOLC (Houma Operations Learning Center) Front Desk, the Front Desk Activity Coordinator shall provide a warm greeting to each person as they enter, assist them throughout their registration process, provide appropriate access or visitor badge, share basic HOLC building rules/ information, and direct them to their class or meeting room.
- Answer questions and satisfy miscellaneous client requests received at the Front Desk throughout the day, or direct client to appropriate HOLC personnel for assistance. This includes phone calls coming into the main HOLC number.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Prepare correspondence and documents.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support such as, but not limited to filing, photocopying and faxing. Receive sort mail, deliveries and prepare outgoing mail.
- Provide support to Learning Advisor(s) by monitoring Upstream Learning GoM Mailbox Daily
- Monitor class enrollment
- Collect and submit (Safety Input) man-hours for employees and contractors working at the HOLC.
- Prioritize formats and produce correspondences and reports in a variety of formats using appropriate computer applications
- Order department supplies as required including stocking of routinely used consumables
- Monitor on-going day-to-day headcount projections to assist Kitchen Manager in meal planning and grocery orders.
- The responsibilities of this position are to support the overall learning center activities through coordination, communication, facilitation and tracking of training delivery, events and requirements.
- High School Diploma required but degree preferred
Key Requirements and Attributes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent Organization Skills
- Solid written & verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage the front desk efficiently
- Interpersonal Skills
- Prioritizing & Multitasking
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. ( Spanish version )
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement .