Job title: Technical Services Representative - Marine Lubricants
Req ID: 100299BR
Relocation available: No
Travel required: Yes - up to 25%
About BP: We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers' needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
Job Family Group: Sales Group
Job Profile Summary: Responsible for supporting customer-based technical service needs and/or managing complex offers to direct customers within an area of technical expertise, developing and implementing customer-specific sales and marketing plans across multiple business segments/channels to maximise the delivery of margin growth and account retention while meeting targeted KPIs. The scope of the role will influence the grade - this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
Time Type: Full time
Country: Mexico, United States of America
Location: Global (Expatriate) - Flexible - Mexico, United States - Texas - Houston
Job advert: Key accountabilities
- Make appropriate recommendations regarding the use of products in Shipping or Oil & Gas applications aligned with Marine and Energy Technical Databases. Prepare and maintain up to date a Schedule of recommended lubricants for customer assets using available online tools.
- Responding to customers' (and sales/customer service) technical queries on product, application, operational conditions and ensure customer satisfaction. Clearly demonstrate the differentiated value of the GME offer (products and services) to customers and target prospects through execution of 'Castrol's Value Proposition'
- Complete customer visits, internal/external reports where necessary and provide support for technical claims and complaints. Coordinate and implement with support from central technical services, regional product trials.
- Administer a central used oil analysis program to manage customer assets and utilize the data to create value adding recommendations. Provision of trend analysis and development of mitigation strategies to resolve problems, and / or improve PMS practices.
- Establish and maintain strong technical relationships with direct customers and distributers. Provide coaching in developing technical competencies and product knowledge through training. Create and communicate leads to Sales and Business.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Marine Engineering or similar technical subject. Maritime Academy graduate desirable.
Essential experience and job requirements
-Marine or Offshore industry experience. Preferred (but not essential) Class 1, 2, 3 or Chief Engineer on a commercial merchant vessel.
-Experience working with Lubricants and knowledge of Used Oil Analysis (UOA).
-Proficient in Spanish and English to liaise technically with North, Central and South American customers.
- Customer oriented mind-set and the ability to deal promptly with customer's inquiries and solve technical problems. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; solid computer skills including Windows, MS Office, PowerPoint and email.
- Ability to travel up to 30% to visit existing and potential customers within the assigned territory.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
B2B technical sales experience an advantage; proven experience in the Lubricants and/or Marine industry with a marine engineering background and previous 'customer facing' experience.