- Expired: August 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
BOYER LAW FIRM, P.L.
Law firm in business for 14 years seeking an experienced paralegal with prior civil litigation, business litigation and family law experience in Florida. We are located off Baymeadows Road, close to I-95. Free parking.
Over $30,000 Depending on Experience
SAMPLE TASKS AND DUTIES
- Draft complaints; family law petitions, financial affidavits;
- Draft and respond to discovery;
- Complete client questionnaires;
- Ensure all due dates are met and calendar upcoming dates;
- Obtain medical records;
- Organize files;
- Draft basic client communication letters;
- Assist client with questions and obtain documents and/or information from clients;
- Call clients and make follow-up calls;
- Schedule and coordinate hearings with opposing counsel and the court;
- Manage the attorney's calendar;
- Draft and customize pleadings and contracts using standard forms and following the attorney's instructions;
- Organize client files for upcoming hearings and have the files ready for the attorney prior to court hearings or mediations;
- Manage e-mails and incoming mail;
- Assist in the preparation of and issue monthly newsletters;
- Act as a liaison between clients and attorneys regarding case related matters.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients in a professional manner;
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Office 365;
- Must have the ability to learn and use new technology;
- Must be able to follow the Florida rules of procedure and office policies;
- Must be able to take instructions in a professional manner;
- Must attend clients both in person and on the telephone or video camera and provide support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards of client care;
- Must undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall have a responsibility toward self development;
- Must ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients' documents and information;
- Must display a pleasant, but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients. Tact and resilience are essential qualities;
- An effective communicator, both orally and in writing, having good command of written English;
- Must be someone who pays close attention to detail;
- Must be organized, neat in the work and at the office;
- Must be reliable, dependable and trustworthy;
- Must be a person authorized to work in the U.S.;
- No criminal records (Background check will be performed);
- Please provide 2 references;
- Be familiar with E-Florida Portal state filing requirements;
- Five (5) + years of litigation and family law experience in Florida state courts.
QUALIFICATIONS THAT ARE A "PLUS", BUT NOT OBLIGATORY
- Bilingual (Spanish, French);
- Knowledge of AbacusLaw ;
- Five (5) + years of litigation experience in Florida federal courts;
- Be familiar with electronic filing (ECF) for federal courts filings.
About BOYER LAW FIRM, P.L.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Prepare a cover letter with no more than two paragraphs and a single closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities that must be possessed by a marketing assistant. In the second paragraph tell why you applied to this particular job advertisement. As a closing sentence please write, "I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions."
BOYER LAW FIRM, P.L.
LegalView all jobs at BOYER LAW FIRM, P.L.