BOS Medical Staffing LaGrange, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
BOS Medical Staffing is looking for an LPN to work in a clinic environment that provides services that include, but are not limited to, individual therapy, group therapy, peer support, and family education/counseling. Each clinic offers comprehensive, coordinated, and defined services that vary in level of intensity. Outpatient services address a variety of needs such as situational stressors, family relations, interpersonal relationships, mental health issues, life span issues, psychiatric illnesses, addictions, and the needs of victims of abuse and/or trauma.
The individual in the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position reports to the respective RN and works collaboratively as a nursing team to perform a variety of duties to maximize the number of patient visits during clinic’ s operational hours and to facilitate proper care to the clinic’ s patient population.
Responsibilities for the LPN include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs complete nursing Assessments on clients using all available sources of information
- Interviews clients and/or natural supports using acceptable techniques that are appropriate for individual’ s level of functioning to obtain information regarding medical, social, and/or emotional background
- Performs appropriate routine tests and takes vital signs; facilitates the completion of orders for additional lab test
- Accurately documents assessment findings to produce a complete medical record on patients/consumers in a clear, complete, and concise manner within established time frames
- Sets up examination room/environment for treatment by the attending physician or PA
- Collaborates effectively with physicians, clinicians, other treatment team members, and other skilled individuals in the development of an appropriate plan of care
- Modifies plan of care as indicated by reassessment of clients’ needs and makes appropriate referrals based on individual needs of the client
- Administers medication(s) in the proper method, time, and dosage as ordered by the physician or PA
- Explains medication and treatment to the client and documents accordingly in the client record
- Maintains and ensures confidentiality of patient’ s/consumer’ s condition(s) and medical records according to established guidelines
- Regularly inventories medical supplies and equipment. Reorders and restocks as required.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Initiates and coordinates TB skin testing or other health testing of facility staff and clients as required
- Completes required in-service training annually
- Completes prior authorizations, patient assistance forms, and liaisons with the pharmacy to coordinate medications for clients per physician or PA orders
- Administers HIV testing and conducts client self-management education to increase awareness about transmission of HIV and manage the treatment of HIV disease
- Engages in face-to-face billable services with clients at least 65% of the time worked to meet established productivity goals
A current Georgia licensed to practice as a licensed practical nurse; HCV and HIV Certified Tester
Experience working in the behavioral healthcare field is preferred.