The Medical Assistant will be responsible for assisting the clinical and administrative functions of ExpressMED to deliver the highest quality of occupational medicine and acute patient care.
- Patient scheduling – be available, as necessary, to answer phones to make patient appointments.
- Patient registration – prepare patient charts, patient sign in, etc.
- Check that appropriate tests and forms that are ordered, completed and reports are available at recheck.
- Understand and be able to access computerized information about patients, insurance, injuries and companies.
- When chart is complete, email, fax or mail appropriate material so it will be sent out according to specifications.
- Perform patient call backs, arrange referrals and testing, and schedule follow‐up appointments.
CLINICAL PROCEDURES: ALWAYS FOLLOW UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS
- Vital signs
- Eye and ear irrigation's, dress/bandage wounds and incisions, apply splints.
- Drug testing – Follow current DOT guidelines for all testing procedures, instruct patient how to obtain specimen and perform test.
- Blood work – Complete appropriate paperwork & perform puncture.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – Prepare patient and perform an EKG.
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) – Prepare patient and perform a PFT.
- Audiology – Prepare patient & perform audiograms to meet OSHA requirements.
- Breath Alcohol Test – Have current certificate.
- Blood glucose Perform and record test results.
- Tuberculin test
- Injections – Tetanus / diphtheria, hepatitis B, flu immunization, intramuscular medications.
- Perform CLIA‐waived lab tests.
- Complete medical chart to include medical services rendered, test results, and supplies used.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of accredited program for Medical Assisting.
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology.
- BLS certification.
- Ability to work all shifts including day, evening, and weekend hours as needed.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.