ExpressMED is an occupational medicine and urgent care facility with locations in Salem and Manchester, NH The Medical Assistant will be responsible for assisting the clinical and administrative functions of ExpressMED to deliver the highest quality of occupational medicine and acute patient care.
- Patient scheduling – be available, as necessary, to answer phones to make patient appointments.
- Patient registration – prepare patient charts, patient sign in, etc.
- Make reminder calls to patients prior to their appointments.
- Understand and be able to access computerized information about patients, insurance, injuries and companies.
- When chart is complete, fax or mail appropriate material to be sent out according to specifications.
- Generate referrals for diagnostic tests and/or Physical Therapy and schedule follow‐up appointments.
CLINICAL PROCEDURES: ALWAYS FOLLOW UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS
- Vital signs
- Eye and ear irrigation, dressing changes, splint applications.
- Drug testing – Follow current DOT guidelines for all testing procedures,
- Blood work – Complete appropriate paperwork & perform venipuncture.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – Prepare patient and perform an EKG.
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) – Prepare patient and perform a PFT.
- Audiology – Prepare patient & perform Audiogram to meet OSHA requirements.
- Breath Alcohol Test – Have current certificate.
- Blood glucose - Perform and record test results.
- Tuberculin test.
- Injections/Vaccines – Tetanus / diptheria, Hepatitis B, Flu immunization, Intramuscular medications, etc.
- Perform CLIA‐waived lab tests.
- Complete medical chart to include medical services rendered, test results and supplies used.