Specialist, Data Scientist
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We're seeking a future team member in the role of Data Scientist to join our Corporate Treasury Engineering team. This role is located in Lake Mary, FL or Pittsburgh, PA - Hybrid.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Defines, develops, maintains and delivers strategic data science products that demonstrate the value and effectiveness of the organization.
- Establish relationships with the business and engineering project teams to design, plan and implement data solutions.
- Develops reports and prepares presentations on data analytics, data quality and innovations.
- Develop and communicate insights leveraging the scientific method.
- Get junior members to high performing levels by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in similar role. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in Data Scientist role for software development team for large initiatives.
- Knowledge of various Data Analytics, Data Engineering and Design approaches.
- Awareness and experience with widely used tools and technology: Alteryx, Python, PowerBI, Jupyter and DevOps tools.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of tools such as: Jira, Confluence, GIT
- Preferred to have experience in Data-thons.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY MellonLake Mary, FL
TechnologyView All BNY Mellon Jobs
Get fresh Specialist, Data Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.