Area Sales Representative
- Posted: November 26, 2022
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
The key responsibility of the Area Sales Representative, Domestic Services is the development of new business revenue in all market verticals. Using a consultative approach and a formal sales process the Area Sales Representative is responsible for building a book of business through solicitation of new customers which will come from the phone, email and visits. Although there will be support in tools and marketing a bit; this is an individual contributor role where the expectation is to have an active sales funnel at all times along with regular sales activity that
produces new business for the company (truckload (dry and reefer), LTL and flatbed).
- Sales activity will be focused on senior level decision makers within a prospect to obtain a significant position for BNSF Logistics in the transportation and/or transportation management of shipments.
- The Area Sales Representative, Domestic Services will interact with procurement, solutions design, marketing, operations and other sales team members in the fulfillment of their responsibilities.
- Prospect new customers through various channels, including phone, email, visits, conferences, etc.
- Collaborate with the Director, OTR Business Development to develop pricing strategies and proposals from procurement pricing information. Plan, develop and present proposals to customers.
- Upon selling new business, the Area Sales Representative, Domestic Services will strategically pass the account to the account management team for the daily execution and continued growth.
- Achieve annual revenue growth objectives, in line with provided guidance with new business targets and industry segments as established by the Vice President, Sales.
- Document all sales activity performed in our internal Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) for ongoing evaluation of the new business pipeline and measurement of sales closure results. Sales activity will include sales phone calls, emails, contacts, visits, messages, RFP and opportunity updates.
- This position is primarily a regional outside sales role meeting with potential new customers and may require up to 50% business travel.
- Broad knowledge of such fields as supply chain, accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc.
- Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 18 months related sales experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be perform duties outside of normal requirements from time to time.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry-leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
BNSF Logistics LLC (BNSFL)
AddressSaint Louis, MO
BusinessView all jobs at BNSF Logistics LLC (BNSFL)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?