BMW of San Antonio is seeking an exceptional Collision Technician/Bodyman to join our rapidly growing dealership. You are a self-starter, with deep expertise, who solves problems others can't figure out. You understand the value of procedures, and yet you know when to think outside of the box. You are known for your insights and high integrity, your team relies on you to precisely and accurately complete your task, in a timely manner. You are constantly growing, learning, and expanding your knowledge. You value the opportunity to work on the finest automobiles, and provide exceptional service ensuring your customers are safe and proud to show off their vehicles. You maintain a strong level of enthusiasm, positivity and productivity with other associates throughout the dealership.
Who We Are
Principle Auto was founded on the desire to change the auto industry. Our purpose is to be a trusted, caring friend helping people move through life in a sustainable way. We are in the business of building relationships and we want to ensure that we are there for our guests throughout their journey. At BMW of San Antonio we take pride that we not only are the largest BMW in North America, but have the ability to serve so many of our customers with the highest quality of customer service.
Our Values are our Guiding Principles
- Great People- We are dedicated to our customers, both internal and external, to our work, and to each other.
- Unparalleled Service- We are proactive in our work. We aim to prevent fires instead of having to put them out. We strive to have a servant's heart, and to be selfless in our conduct.
- Integrity- We are accountable to each other to do what is right. We keep our commitments.
- Defining Excellence- We make our colleagues better. We set each other up for success. We prioritize our work and deliverables in order to meet high yet reasonable expectations
- Enthusiasm- We aim to have fun every day. If it's not fun, we find a way to make it so. We are open to new ideas and ways of thinking.
Responsibilities of the Collision Technician/Bodyman:
As a body man your previous knowledge will have preferably been obtained at a BMW dealership. As our body man on a day to day basis you will diagnose and repair full-frame vehicles and uni-body structural damage. As a collision technician you will have previous experience in repairing and replacing body panels, and replacing and installing wiring harnesses after the body repair has been completed. You have an analytical and proactive mindset to troubleshoot any problems that may arise or be of concern in the future. As our collision technician you will be responsible for maintaining a clean work area, follow all hazardous waste, OSHA safety regulations and company policies and safety regulations.
Qualifications of the Collision Technician/Bodyman:
- 2+ Years of Collision Technician Experience (BMW Experience Preferred)
- Previous experience diagnosing and repairing full frame vehicles
- Experience removing and reinstalling vehicle interiors
- Possess an operating knowledge of measuring systems
- Glass replacement experience needed
- ICAR certifications preferred
- ASE certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule which includes working Saturdays and some holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
About Our People
We recruit and hire the top talent in the industry. We invest in our people through dozens of training programs offered internally and externally. Principle Auto understands the importance of taking care of its associates and maintaining the unique culture that fosters exceptional care for our guests.