Senior Network Engineer/Architect
If you'd like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
Responsible for network solution design, planning, implementation, documentation, and support. Participate in cross-team project planning. Utilize and promote secure practices.
- Hands on Architect level enterprise network strategy, planning, and implementation
- Develops strategies and direction for network systems solutions using current and emerging technologies (including wireless and VoIP).
- Mentor network team members
- Assess existing network technologies to increase performance, security & efficiency
- Translates business requirements into network or process designs.
- Configures and maintains routers and switches for the network systems
- Approves and modifies network design and architecture to ensure compliance
- Ensures capacity planning is performed and proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Performs troubleshooting procedures and designs resolution scripts.
- Work across teams / departments to evaluate, develop, and deploy solutions
- Stays current with developing technology. Identify strategic opportunities
- Ensure new and existing solutions adhere to security best practices
- Support enterprise network infrastructure
- Support remote network deployments / upgrades
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents
- Maintain and supplement network design documentation
- Other duties as assigned by company management.
- DR design, planning, and implementation
- Monitors network performance
- Communication Skills: Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to record and manage project time.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced routing and switching. Wireless, Security, Cisco VoIP design and implementation, Advanced knowledge of data-center networking technologies (load balancing, next gen firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and cloud (AWS, Azure, SaaS, etc.)
- Palo Alto firewall, Citrix NetScaler, Meraki stack, SD-WAN, Advanced Cisco certifications in technology or security, experience working within a security framework (NIST).
- Candidate should have exceptional problem solving / analytical ability.
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Off-hours and maintenance window work required as needed. Must be reachable by mobile device.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects, ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience, excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to learn.
- Education and Experience: 4-year degree or equivalent technical degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information technology or related field. Applicable work experience may be substituted for educational requirements. Candidates should have a minimum of 8 years of experience in a network engineering role, a minimum of 5 years being in a senior role.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States