BMA, LLC, is an SDVO small business that attracts the most highly motivated and qualified professionals in the Professional Services and Technology industry. Headquartered in Leavenworth KS has been in business since 2008 providing professional services to the United States government and DoD Agencies. We appreciate the importance of high caliber professionals and offer an attractive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, life and Disability Insurance; 401K, and paid holidays to ensure the highest quality of life for our employees. A Career with Team BMA offers excellent opportunities for growth with one of America’s finest young SDVO small business organizations.
Job Summary: Instructor/Writer
BMA is seeking an experienced Instructor/Writer to provide support to a directorate-level training program supporting the Army Cyber Center of Excellence based at Fort Gordon, GA. This individual will support the Regional Signal Training Sites (RSTS) mission of standardizing course curriculums across the RSTS enterprise, establishing a process that meets stakeholder requirements, and creating and sustaining processes that are responsive to operational C4ISR training and education requirements across multiple sites that meets the needs of the current and future Cyberspace workforce.
Location: Ft. Gordon Ga.
- Site Locations: CONUS
- Joint Base Lewis McCord, WA
- Fort Bliss, TX
- Fort Riley, KS
- Fort Hood, TX
- Fort Bragg, NC
- Fort Carson, CO
- Fort Stewart, GA
- Fort Campbell, KY
- Fort Huachuca, AZ
- Site Locations: CONUS
- Site Locations: OCONUS
- Schofield Barrack, HI
- Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
- Site Locations: OCONUS
- Assist in developing government owned training materials (Lesson Plan, PowerPoint Presentations, etc.).
- Audit and edit all developed courseware for accuracy, completeness, flow, balance, and clarity of understanding.
- From the results of the students’ critiques, review and modify all lessons, material, labs, and instruction to ensure it imparts the maximum amount of value in the minimum amount of time.
- Deliver modified training content to the RSTS site manager containing at least 90% of all needed modifications for the effected course.
- Provide instruction (must possess industry certifications where required by the Government RSTRS Site Manager). The number of courses and their content are subject to change based on DoD and Army requirements.
- Participate in Operational Tests, Training Exercises, and New Equipment Training (NET).
- Provide assistance with New Equipment Fielding (NEF), and training material validation.
- Conduct and report End of Course survey results and provide results to Government RSTS site manager for review.
- Provide effective training IAW RSTS site-specific training policies, lesson plans, training schedules, and student feedback from end of course evaluations
- Stay current with required industry certifications, as determined by the Government RSTS site manager, and provide a copy of certifications to the Government RSTS site manager.
- Possess current certification(s) for the class/course taught/instructed the time of hire with 100% of each instructor’s industry certifications current or 30 days of becoming current.
- Implement a “train the trainer” curriculum in support of unit sustainment training.
- Ensure training encompasses all operational aspects of the assigned system being trained.
- Provide the functional services and commercially certified personnel related to commercial certification and test completion.
- Perform duties as a Pearson Vue and/or Prometric proctor where applicable and required and coordinate all efforts with Army operations and course manager.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Training Facility classrooms to a level conducive to learning and assist the Site Manager as needed.
- Conduct training at all locations using all designated methodologies.
- Team-up with Soldier instructors and/or civilian instructors when necessary.
- Follow the current RSTS site-specific training policies, lesson plans, and training schedules for each course.
- Revise current training material (LP, PowerPoint Presentations, QRG, etc.) as required due to changing technology, mission requirements, or critical tasks.
- Author curriculum development products to include the development of new tests and training materials that are virtual, printed, and computer based to support the new curriculum.
- Proficient in providing virtual training through software modalities.
- Provide recommended training material revisions to the Government and implement those revisions after being approved by the Government site manager.
- Video record training presentations for Government use if required.
- Maintain classroom presentation equipment and classroom furniture. All classroom settings shall be in a ready state prior to classes starting each day.
- Maintain established classroom security requirements and procedures.
- Maintain and report student records, attendance, and statistics.
- Provide Units/students with hard copy or digital evaluations for evaluation of classes presented.
- Conduct testing in subjects taught, to include grading of exams, evaluation of results, and recording of exam results.
- Provide the functional services, equipment, commercially certified personnel, and materials related to all commercial certification and testing completion actions.
- Required to stand, bend, and stoop for long periods of time, while delivering and assisting students with training materials.
- Required to maneuver in and out of strategic and tactical equipment while demonstrating strategic and tactical equipment functions during training.
- Receive out of cycle training requests from HQ RSTS Operations then locate the needed vendor, schedule training, and follow the necessary funding and tracking processes for the training to occur.
- Provide a mobile testing platform (Pearson VUE certified testing center) for student certification requirements.
Qualifications (Education, Skills, Experience):
- Possess current certification(s) for at least one class/course taught/instructed, and within three (3) months of hire attain additional certifications deemed necessary by the Government Site Manager.
- Possess 7 years or more experience teaching and developing training for complex subjects.
- A Bachelor’s degree can be utilized as a substitute for the 7 or more years of teaching experience. All other requirements identified in paragraph 220.127.116.11 must be met if utilizing this exception.
- Possess a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification (if required by the RSTS site) or attain one within six (6) months of hire.
- Demonstrated experience with tailoring content and delivery for different audiences, presenting confidently to large or small groups, and using creative approaches to presenting.
- Demonstrated experience with counseling students to improve their course knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Army Regulation 350-1, TRADOC Regulation 350-70, and TRADOC Pamphlets 350-70-X.
- (Fort Huachuca Location ONLY) Possess CFD-IC certification or successfully complete CFD-IC within three
- (3) months of hire.
Clearance / Certifications:
- Possess a SECRET security clearance at the start of the contract and maintain a SECRET security clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Possess experience with Army-standard desktop applications and configurations, i.e., daily reporting programs, MS Office, and Army Gold Master (AGM) configurations.
- Overseas training locations will require the contractor to have and maintain a passport/visa.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Have a working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Spreadsheets, etc.
Benefits and Perks
BMA attracts the most highly motivated and qualified professionals in the Professional Services and Technology industry. We appreciate the importance of high caliber professionals and offer an attractive total compensation plan that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances
- Matched 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and federal holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
Powered by JazzHR