Human Resources and Accounting Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Human Resources & Accounting Assistant Department: HR & Accounting
FLSA: Hourly/ Non-Exempt Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director of HR & Controller
Customary Days: Monday - Friday
Customary Hours: 40 hours per week; hours may be extended when work load is increased
The Human Resources & Accounting Assistant is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the company’s Human Resources and Accounting Department by performing a variety of administrative functions but not limited to the following: assist with new hire orientation paperwork, employee engagement, filing and data entry.
· Assist with full life cycle recruiting and employment processes to include candidate screening, coordination of interviews, and background screening.
· Represent the employer at recruitment seminars, college career days, job fairs, etc.
· Prepare new hire packets and assist with orientation.
· Answer and follow up on daily employee inquiries.
· Assist with coordinating and implementing employee activities.
· Assist the Accounting department with filing and data entry tasks.
· Other relevant tasks as assigned by management.Requirements:
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· At least 2 years of college preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
· At least 1 year of Human Resources or Administrative Services Support experience in the hospitality service industry.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to demonstrate strong affinity for Blue Plate’s mission: Our mission is to “care more” for others through food and service experiences that turn our partner’s vision into reality.
· Professionalism, tact and presentation are all essential elements of the job.
· Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
· Customer service skills.
· Responsiveness and sense of urgency.
· A willingness to learn on the job and expand his/her knowledge.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
· Adaptable to changing priorities.
· Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite , HRIS systems and Google Docs.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· Possess the ability to fulfill and any all office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer entry, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
· At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
· Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Internal office space.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Blue Plate Catering is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment with Blue Plate Catering without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
BLUE PLATE CATERING LTD
305 N AdaChicago, IL
Get fresh Human Resource Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.